SIGNED - LB Willie Hampton

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He reminds me a lot of Deion Jones from a couple years ago. A bit of an unknown commodity but had tons of speed for a LB, then as soon as he committed his recruitment blew up. Jones ended up to be quite the player for LSU. Hopefully we can hang on to Hampton.

That one still hurts, seen him ranked by Kiper I believe in the top five at his position

• 2 weeks later...

This staff immediately recognized that speed at linebacker was a huge deficiency. They are doing something about that. Great sign

I wouldnt call our LBs speed deficient.

But anyway, nice pickup. Glad any time some commits to attend NU.

He is a bball player or trackster? With those numbers, I'd think he'd be tearing it up. I always liked following Gerry's progress in HS track.

Everything I've seen on this guy says he has loads of athleticism but it's hard to tell how instinctive he is at this point or how he handles the really physical part of the game. There's not much film to show this. Apparently at the level he is at he can get by with his athleticism without being fundamentally sound. He'll have to learn all that at the next level.

This staff immediately recognized that speed at linebacker was a huge deficiency. They are doing something about that. Great sign

He is a bball player or trackster? With those numbers, I'd think he'd be tearing it up. I always liked following Gerry's progress in HS track.

Really? All I can remember is every linebacker getting beat on swing pass after swing pass and always being three steps behind whoever they were chasing before Mike got here

• Fire 1

Really? All I can remember is every linebacker getting beat on swing pass after swing pass and always being three steps behind whoever they were chasing before Mike got here
that was mainly due in part to the fact that the defense had a heck of a time trying to figure out the concept of angles.

that was mainly due in part to the fact that the defense had a heck of a time trying to figure out the concept of angles.

More trigonometry!

Or maybe stealing all those bikes helped Banderas shave a few tenths of a second off his 40 time.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waiting on his summer football schedule to set up an UV sometime this summer. Said he's 'All N' and doesn't plan to look around. Sounded like from his interview he watched the Neb vs Miami game this past year and was really impressed with our effort and fight to get back into the game.

And the fact that we had more fans there than they did at their home game. 😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...