SIGNED - LB Willie Hampton

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

With the athleticism that Hampton posses, he has the potential to be an absolute nightmare for teams as a 3-4 OLB. Tackles will have trouble with his speed and RB's will struggle to block him with his strength. This kid could end up being an absolute impact player for us in the near future. A Vonn Miller/Justin Houston type guy.

I think it's funny how he already has 15 pounds on one of our D ends (Guy Thomas). Both will be battling for the same position and it's nice to see some young athletic faces to add to that competition. He's not very highly rated, but I think he has the tools to be a solid player.

Redshirt or no? I'm thinking yes unless they want him on special teams.

• 6 months later...

Sounds like he had a great fall camp. We have the benefit of redshirting him thankfully, which sounds likely, but if we weren't solid at ILB then he'd be a contender for early PT.

He didn't get the Florida/FSU/Miami offer so he went unnoticed but this guy is an ideal 3-4 ILB in my opinion and I think we got super lucky to land him (or land him as easily as we did I should say). He also didn't play the recruiting game, which hurt his chances at being a 4th star that I believe he should have been.

Bray and Diaco will turn him into a conference all-American is my bullish take.

• Plus1 2