SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Williams deserves a seven figure salary if we can land this guy and Lewis. This is one asst we cant let leave! Right now I think we are good because his son is on the team for three more years.

He will be here for the next 3 years with his son playing here. I don't see him leaving after his son transferred to join him. But, I do agree we need to pay this fellow.

I agree...pay him. But, 7 figures is pretty hefty for a WR coach.

I don't know, having a receivers coach (considered one of the best) that can relate to and recruit kids to Lincoln would be worth the 7 figures to keep around.

• Fire 2

Williams deserves a seven figure salary if we can land this guy and Lewis. This is one asst we cant let leave! Right now I think we are good because his son is on the team for three more years.

He will be here for the next 3 years with his son playing here. I don't see him leaving after his son transferred to join him. But, I do agree we need to pay this fellow.

I agree...pay him. But, 7 figures is pretty hefty for a WR coach.

I don't know, having a receivers coach (considered one of the best) that can relate to and recruit kids to Lincoln would be worth the 7 figures to keep around.

its not my money, sh#t pay him whatever i dont care as long as the boosters and coaches are happy and performing well

Kinda confused. First off -all of his highlights are great. But they're all from him playing this past football year at Bishop Gorman. When did he transfer to California?

Transferred recently. He wanted to come back home to finish his HS career.

KW is the best asst coach/recruiter we have on this team. He even popped in to help recruit Lamar Jackson and Pernell Jefferson for 16' class.

No question and I absolutely love the guy.

However, over $1,000,000 for a position coach?

Yes, you need to pay your best coaches. However, there has to be at least some semblance of organization in your pay scale within your staff. Are you going to do the same thing for Brey? He's done some very good things also. What if he pulls in 2-3 4* stud LBs, are you going to pay him $1,000,000 also?

What then are you going to pay your coordinators that are above them?

It's real easy to sit back and spend other people's money.

KW is the best asst coach/recruiter we have on this team. He even popped in to help recruit Lamar Jackson and Pernell Jefferson for 16' class.

Yes, you need to pay your best coaches. However, there has to be at least some semblance of organization in your pay scale within your staff. Are you going to do the same thing for Brey? He's done some very good things also. What if he pulls in 2-3 4* stud LBs, are you going to pay him $1,000,000 also?

I never stated he has earned getting $1M salary. I think the highest paid WR coach in college is around $500k. Williams will now be around $400k. I would say that is about where he should be at the moment.

Still, this guy is a beast and can connect with kids in a way that a lot of other coaches on this team cannot. I was hoping we could get somone on the defensive side like him, which didn't happen. Parrella is at least a lot better than what Hughes was here.

I never stated he has earned getting $1M salary. I think the highest paid WR coach in college is around $500k. Williams will now be around $400k. I would say that is about where he should be at the moment.

Still, this guy is a beast and can connect with kids in a way that a lot of other coaches on this team cannot. I was hoping we could get someone on the defensive side like him, which didn't happen. Parrella is at least a lot better than what Hughes was here.

The conversation was started because someone said he should get 7 figures. 7 figures starts at $1,000,000. That poster has since realized maybe that was a little high.

We can all agree he needs to be towards the upper end of what a WR typically gets.

Still, this guy is a beast and can connect with kids in a way that a lot of other coaches on this team cannot. I was hoping we could get someone on the defensive side like him, which didn't happen. Parrella is at least a lot better than what Hughes was here.

The conversation was started because someone said he should get 7 figures. 7 figures starts at $1,000,000. That poster has since realized maybe that was a little high.

We can all agree he needs to be towards the upper end of what a WR typically gets.

In my defense, I said if he pulls in Lindsey AND Lewis, which is gonna to be really tough :P

In my defense, I said if he pulls in Lindsey AND Lewis, which is gonna to be really tough :P

:cheers

Hail Varsity

I love it that he is visiting. However, I find this to be a little too aggressive of a thought at this point.

It would be dang nice though.

Who’s Next?

The spring game is shaping up to be one of the best recruiting weekends in recent memory as Nebraska is already scheduled to host more than 15 visitors with Husker offers. While the Tyjon Lindsey visit flip could mean a commitment is coming, I’ll stick with my gut and name Cathedral Catholic wide receiver Jamire Calvin as the next Nebraska commit on the offensive side of the ball. Calvin has held a Nebraska offer since February and is a huge fan of wide receiver coach Keith Williams and a close friend to Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Tristan Gebbia.

I think there is a lot of recruiting that needs to be done on this kid still.