SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hail Varsity

I love it that he is visiting. However, I find this to be a little too aggressive of a thought at this point.

It would be dang nice though.

Whos Next?

The spring game is shaping up to be one of the best recruiting weekends in recent memory as Nebraska is already scheduled to host more than 15 visitors with Husker offers. While the Tyjon Lindsey visit flip could mean a commitment is coming, Ill stick with my gut and name Cathedral Catholic wide receiver Jamire Calvin as the next Nebraska commit on the offensive side of the ball. Calvin has held a Nebraska offer since February and is a huge fan of wide receiver coach Keith Williams and a close friend to Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Tristan Gebbia.

I think there is a lot of recruiting that needs to be done on this kid still.

Which kid? Lindsey or Calvin?

Hail Varsity

I love it that he is visiting. However, I find this to be a little too aggressive of a thought at this point.

It would be dang nice though.

Whos Next?

The spring game is shaping up to be one of the best recruiting weekends in recent memory as Nebraska is already scheduled to host more than 15 visitors with Husker offers. While the Tyjon Lindsey visit flip could mean a commitment is coming, Ill stick with my gut and name Cathedral Catholic wide receiver Jamire Calvin as the next Nebraska commit on the offensive side of the ball. Calvin has held a Nebraska offer since February and is a huge fan of wide receiver coach Keith Williams and a close friend to Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Tristan Gebbia.

I think there is a lot of recruiting that needs to be done on this kid still.

Which kid? Lindsey or Calvin?

I was talking about the comment in bold about his visit could mean a commitment is coming.(Lindsey)

Maybe I just read it wrong.

I could see Calvin committing soon.

There are only about 10 schools in the country who could pay K Williams more than we are right now. He's got a lot of momentum with his guys and is in place to pull a crazy good class in. Plus some coaches don't wanna coach the bama and auburn kids due to the attitudes and lack of work ethic that comes with some of those guys. I know auburn had several 5* receivers on their team last year but drugs, grades, and work ethic issues led to personal problems.

A lot of guys would rather coach a team with greater work ethics and kids who take coaching. plus very few coaches leave working for Mike unless it's the NFL. Riley is just great to work for. He lets his guys do their thing and doesn't tell them how to do their job or micromanage them. Some of these guys like Harbaugh and Meyer are control freaks and jerks to their coaches.

• Fire 1

KW is the best asst coach/recruiter we have on this team. He even popped in to help recruit Lamar Jackson and Pernell Jefferson for 16' class.

No question and I absolutely love the guy.

However, over $1,000,000 for a position coach?

Yes, you need to pay your best coaches. However, there has to be at least some semblance of organization in your pay scale within your staff. Are you going to do the same thing for Brey? He's done some very good things also. What if he pulls in 2-3 4* stud LBs, are you going to pay him $1,000,000 also?

What then are you going to pay your coordinators that are above them?

It's real easy to sit back and spend other people's money.

I never stated he has earned getting $1M salary. I think the highest paid WR coach in college is around $500k. Williams will now be around $400k. I would say that is about where he should be at the moment.

Still, this guy is a beast and can connect with kids in a way that a lot of other coaches on this team cannot. I was hoping we could get somone on the defensive side like him, which didn't happen. Parrella is at least a lot better than what Hughes was here.

5-8, that's pretty short

Agreed pull the offer.

He has a good vertical jump tho.

Kind of a Spud Webb type.

Still, 5'8" no way. Pull the offer for sure.

Yeah, what would Riley do with a WR that is less than 6' tall. Brandin Cooks really struggled in the college and the NFL bc he is undersized.