SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"It came down to Ohio State and Nebraska," Lindsey said. "I liked Nebraska a lot and love Coach (Keith) Williams, the WR coach. He put in a lot of effort to recruit me and I'm very thankful to him for that. It was close but honestly, it was going to take a miracle to pull me away from Ohio State and the family support I had there.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1698334-tyjon-lindsey-is-headed-to-columbus

Sounds like a legit 2...

• Fire 1

Obviously not getting Lindsey is a major disappointment. However, I think we have a similar type slot receiver in Spielman who I think is going to be a very very good player. Although we should be disappointed and hopefully he reconsiders down the road - I find some comfort in knowing that Spielman can fulfill the role Riley saw for Lindsey in our offense.

Obviously not getting Lindsey is a major disappointment. However, I think we have a similar type slot receiver in Spielman who I think is going to be a very very good player. Although we should be disappointed and hopefully he reconsiders down the road - I find some comfort in knowing that Spielman can fulfill the role Riley saw for Lindsey in our offense.

And hopefully a healthy DPE for the next two seasons

• Fire 1

"It came down to Ohio State and Nebraska," Lindsey said. "I liked Nebraska a lot and love Coach (Keith) Williams, the WR coach. He put in a lot of effort to recruit me and I'm very thankful to him for that. It was close but honestly, it was going to take a miracle to pull me away from Ohio State and the family support I had there.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1698334-tyjon-lindsey-is-headed-to-columbus

Sounds like a legit 2...

Thanks, I hadn't seen his interview comments and was confused with where the 2nd place status was coming from.

Hey...I'm good with that.

But, we need these types of players every recruiting cycle and the more the better.

This isn't a big shock and hopefully either he will reconsider or we find another great WR for this class.

Tate Martell says that Tyjon Lindsey is the one that convinced him to look at tOSU

Two weeks ago I hinted that we may have some new commitments to talk about and everyone knows that Tyjon Lindsey and Trevon Grimes are committed now, so I can give a little background on how it all went down.

Tyjon actually was the one who convinced me, way back in January, to give Ohio State a look.

He told me in January that’s where he was going to college, but was I still committed to Texas A&M so I wasn’t sure what would happen. Things went a little south with that whole thing. In March, I took my visit to Ohio State and Coach (Urban) Meyer and (Buckeyes quarterbacks coach Tim) Beck made it clear to me that they wanted me to be their guy for the 2017 class.

I talked to my parents for a while about it and eventually decommitted. In June, I went back on another visit committed to Coach Meyer and Coach Beck. It was too perfect of a situation for me to not jump on the opportunity. Ohio State has been my school since I was born because my grandpa went to Ohio State and I really built a great relationship with Coach Meyer and Coach Beck, which was the most important thing in my college decision and I wanted to be at a place where I knew I would get developed and prepared to pursue my NFL aspirations.

Before I committed Tyjon, Trevon, and I all were planning on doing our commitment video together, but I decided I wanted to get into the class and focus on the summer, so I told them I was just going to commit and get it out of the way. They decided they still wanted to do theirs together, which they did. Everything all worked out really well and their video was awesome.

Now that I’m on the topic of Tyjon. Yes, he did come back to Bishop Gorman and he is playing with us this season. I don’t think there was anyone more excited than me about him coming back not only because he’s an amazing athlete, but because that’s my brother. While he was gone, it felt like I was missing part of my family. Now that he is back it was like he never left. Everyone on the team loves Tyjon and he’s doing just fine with the team and he’s going to be ready to ball with us this year.

A little more on the recruiting stuff for the Buckeyes fans out there. I’ve said this before and I’m going to day it again: this will be the best recruiting class in the history of college football.

The scary thing is that we have so many big-time guys that want to come to Ohio State that we even have to turn away some of the top guys that want to join our class. There is room for a few more guys and you never who, if any guys decide to decommit or leave the class, but I know of about six top players in the country that are wanting to come to Ohio State. So the good news is not nearly done.

Thank you for all the support from the great Buckeye fans and hopefully I’ll see you at Cedar Hill this weekend at my game. — TM

Link

Martell is literally the next Manziel and I hope he ends up at Ohio St. so he can rip the program to shreds and drag it through the mud.

I'm no Manziel fan but he was pretty tough to beat in college.

3 years of being an unbeatable jacka$$ (really only 2) and then all these years of being a mess - wouldn't call him a success overall.

Martell is literally the next Manziel and I hope he ends up at Ohio St. so he can rip the program to shreds and drag it through the mud.

3 years of being an unbeatable jacka$$ (really only 2) and then all these years of being a mess - wouldn't call him a success overall.

Neither would I. I'm not sure I'd even call him an overall success in college. But on the field, he was tough to beat.

Neither would I. I'm not sure I'd even call him an overall success in college. But on the field, he was tough to beat.

Not sure how you can't call him an overall success in college? Lol broke so many SEC records, Heisman winner, and found new ways to wow people every game.. Dude was very successful in college.

• Fire 2

Not sure how you can't call him an overall success in college? Lol broke so many SEC records, Heisman winner, and found new ways to wow people every game.. Dude was very successful in college.

On the field, yes.

Off the field he was a spoiled brat who was allowed to get away with whatever he wanted which may have screwed him for the rest of his life.

I'm confused. How did you draw a parallel from Martell to Manziel? I get it, they are both short white QBs. What else? Do you really think he could rip the program to shreds more than Terrelle Pryor? Oh wait, we got Urban after that whole situation. ;)

I can see Danny Clark (the last paragraph looks to be directed at him) being the only one mad about the whole Martell situation. In the end, Martell will still need to beat out Haskins, Burrow, and maybe Jones (2018+). Baring injuries, Lindsey will play and he will play early in his career.