BTN Broadcast Schedule

I agree. The B1G sports coverage is garbage. Its very hard to catch a baseball game for my Huskers or just about any other team in the B1G.

I would definitely like more actual sports coverage, but I wonder if the production costs are just too high to warrant sending crews to a ton of events each year.

I'm sure that's a lot of it.

I wonder what the logistics would be to send about two cameras and use the local radio guys for the audio. One camera in the outfield behind the pitcher for the main shots and one wide-angle from behind home plate. Wouldn't be the best production but would at least be more live programming.

Or use the school's broadcasting majors like they've done for some basketball games.

• Fire 1

I agree. The B1G sports coverage is garbage. Its very hard to catch a baseball game for my Huskers or just about any other team in the B1G.

I would definitely like more actual sports coverage, but I wonder if the production costs are just too high to warrant sending crews to a ton of events each year.

I wonder what the logistics would be to send about two cameras and use the local radio guys for the audio. One camera in the outfield behind the pitcher for the main shots and one wide-angle from behind home plate. Wouldn't be the best production but would at least be more live programming.

Or use the school's broadcasting majors like they've done for some basketball games.

I mean don't they have alternate Big Ten channels? Instead of charging for the Big Ten Digital Network just use video from the schools and audio from radio and play that on btn.
  • Fire 1

Such an underwhelming schedule. Severely lacking compared to SEC who televises just about every game and then some.

Don't understand why Huskers.com can't set up a camera and 2 broadcasting students for every home game and stream it free either. Lots of schools do that.

SEC Softball Schedule beats B1G Baseball in television

Because Nebraska still utilizes HuskersNside to generate money for "premium" video content.

I mean don't they have alternate Big Ten channels? Instead of charging for the Big Ten Digital Network just use video from the schools and audio from radio and play that on btn.

I used to wonder this myself. An article was posted a couple weeks ago that I will have to find, but basically during football season they have access to an extra control room (I wanna say in Houston) that allows them to show content on the overflow channels. The rest of the year they only use their main control room, thus eliminating the ability to show games on the "extra" channels.

After a quick search, I was able to find the article. Not sure what could be done about using the school's broadcasters and video feeds on the channels, but I would imagine they would still need a control room to control the broadcast. I could very well be wrong on that aspect though.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/5/10922304/college-basketball-big-ten-pac-12-acc-network-no-overflow-channels

• 2 weeks later...

I cant understand why they would set up a broadcast team for one game. You got everybody there, why not cover the weekend series? The lack of coverage really makes it hard to follow the baseball team, which I try to do.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

Minnesota 15-5-0 .750

Indiana 15-6-0 .714

Ohio State 13-8-0 .619

Nebraska 13-8-0 .619

Michigan 12-8-0 .600

Michigan State 12-9-0 .571

Maryland 11-10-0 .524

Penn State 11-10-0 .524

Illinois 10-11-0 .476

Iowa 10-11-0 .476

Yup, still have a Top 2 B1G seed to play for. tOSU and Minnesota play each other, so if Minny tanks and loses all three, I believe tOSU then gets first, even if we sweep, because of a better overall record IIRC.

But we need as high a seed as we can get to add more Ws and make ourselves look more attractive for post-season play. And winning the B1G tourney can't hurt either...