Hillary and the classified emails

[H]opefully the political fallout from this will do HIllary in.

I don't think you are going to get your wish. I think a lot of people are just tired of this story that dragged on for 15 months. I don't think there will be much fallout from these recent developments; most opinions, one way or the other, were already made a long time ago.

Well I do think the November election will be close, and those people who vote but don't follow politics closely really have not been paying attention closely to this email scandal the past 15 months, and this could have an impact. I also see it driving some additional Bernie supporters away from supporting Clinton and moving those to Trump, Stein, or simply staying home. One other factor at play...the GOP is far from unified behind Trump, and that is a big part of the difference in the polling showing Clinton up by an average of 5 or 6 points. If this results in some disaffected Republicans from agreeing to support Trump, that could also affect the general election. This certainly helps Trump's claims that the system is rigged, and Hillary can now be official image of the rigged political system.

2 or 3 or 4 wrongs dont make a right. I could give a sh#t if she goes to jail or not. Some percentage of whoever has no bearing on what is actually right or wrong. The people justifying her actions are doing so for purely partisan and political reasons.

Don't mistake people discussing the situation rationally with justifying her actions. I certainly am not, and I'm not partisan in her favor in the least.

It's possible to understand the situation, not like it, and not be in Clinton's camp.

I understand that and I have not accused you of being in her camp. I know you are not a Clinton fan even though you will likely be voting for her.

I don't really have a problem with people who still prefer her over Trump. I get it. But I do have a problem with people who rationalize her behavior and stick up for it and want to treat it as no big deal. I just wish people would be honest and say "well yeah, she is a liar who will cover her own ass before she worries about this country, but I still think she is better than Trump". That's not how I feel but I at least could respect that a lot more than people continually saying "move along, nothing to see here".

2 or 3 or 4 wrongs dont make a right. I could give a sh#t if she goes to jail or not. Some percentage of whoever has no bearing on what is actually right or wrong. The people justifying her actions are doing so for purely partisan and political reasons.

Don't mistake people discussing the situation rationally with justifying her actions. I certainly am not, and I'm not partisan in her favor in the least.

It's possible to understand the situation, not like it, and not be in Clinton's camp.

I understand that and I have not accused you of being in her camp. I know you are not a Clinton fan even though you will likely be voting for her.

I don't really have a problem with people who still prefer her over Trump. I get it. But I do have a problem with people who rationalize her behavior and stick up for it and want to treat it as no big deal. I just wish people would be honest and say "well yeah, she is a liar who will cover her own ass before she worries about this country, but I still think she is better than Trump". That's not how I feel but I at least could respect that a lot more than people continually saying "move along, nothing to see here".

BOLD I'm reading up on Gary Johnson. It's looking highly unlikely that I vote for Clinton. Even if Johnson turns out to be the Antichrist's less-accomplished half brother, I may still vote for him as a better option.

UNDERLINED Isn't that what everyone's saying? I don't see anyone, whether here at HuskerBoard or anywhere else, who truly likes Hillary Clinton.

• Fire 2

Johnson needs to be on the debate stage. If anything, it might be beneficial in forcing Trump and Hillary to focus on "real" issues for some of it. Without him, I think the debates are more about e-mails, walls, and radicals vs. "Islamic" radicals.

It would be nice if the candidates talked about education, infrastructure plans, healthcare costs, and budgets. Maybe next time.... -_-

Johnson needs to be on the debate stage. If anything, it might be beneficial in forcing Trump and Hillary to focus on "real" issues for some of it. Without him, I think the debates are more about e-mails, walls, and radicals vs. "Islamic" radicals.

It would be nice if the candidates talked about education, infrastructure plans, healthcare costs, and budgets. Maybe next time.... -_-

He's not at 15% is he? If he isn't then they won't allow him anywhere near the stage. With both candidates being as bad as they are, I am surprised that he isn't at 15%.

He's not at 15% because everyone is saying..."oh...that guy doesn't have a chance....now....what pathetic candidate should I vote for?"

Everyone is so caught up in arguing about which of Clintrump is the worst instead of turning around and saying...."ah ha.....there is another option here"

I get what you are saying, but it's going to take a much more visible 3rd party figure that has started laying the seeds much earlier to make a difference. Thus, it does feel like a wasted vote knowing Johnson and Stein have no real chance, and when most voters go to the polls, they want to feel like they have the ability to vote for the "winner." Johnson would need to be polling at around 25 to 30% now as we head into convention season in order to be taken as a candidate with a serious chance of winning. It would also require his party to have their convention around the same time as the two major parties in order to be on an equal footing from a coverage perspective. Continuing to push for Johnson is a noble cause, but I just don't see him gaining traction this late in the game to be a viable option to win in November.

How about.....

Well yeah, she is a liar who will cover her own ass before she worries about this country, but I still think there is no difference in the level of honesty and integrity between her and Trump. Both are pathetic little people that I don't want anywhere near the Whitehouse.

• Fire 2

BOLD I'm reading up on Gary Johnson. It's looking highly unlikely that I vote for Clinton. Even if Johnson turns out to be the Antichrist's less-accomplished half brother, I may still vote for him as a better option.

UNDERLINED Isn't that what everyone's saying? I don't see anyone, whether here at HuskerBoard or anywhere else, who truly likes Hillary Clinton.

The antichrist's less accomplished half brother....

I am LOL. Glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee or my keyboard would have been ruined. That's a good one.

I also have started reading up on GJ and am not overly impressed with some of his positions but he could be the antichrist himself and still be a better option than the other two.

There are people right here on HB, in this thread even, who sure do appear to like Hillary. Hopefully it is only because of who is running against her but you sure could fool me by some of the things they have said in favor of her.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/clinton-fbi-emails-ap/2016/07/05/id/737190/

The AP even now highlights how Hillary's claims are all proven to be lies by what the FBI said yesterday. We are really between a rock and a hard place here. :bang One of these parties need to step up and either dump Trump or dump Hillary. Both have major issues and cannot be trusted. At this point I believe Hillary to be the worse of the 2 - but it is like choosing between what to cut off - your arm or your leg. Hillary has a life time of scandal and lies and self promotional interest. Trump is all self promotion wt 2 many issues to name here. The hard place is this: if Repubs/conservatives/indeps run to Gary Johnson - then Hillary gets elected. Johnson or another 3rd party guy has to appeal to the dems and the repubs and indeps who are discussed wt the current choices. That 3rd party candidate has to be strong enough to win the whole thing and not just throw the election to the 'lessor of 2 evils'. I don't see anyone capable of winning it as an indep. But the hope is that during this, the craziest election cycle I've ever seen, that another shoe drops and the dynamics will all change to get us out of this 'hard place'.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/clinton-fbi-emails-ap/2016/07/05/id/737190/

The AP even now highlights how Hillary's claims are all proven to be lies by what the FBI said yesterday. We are really between a rock and a hard place here. :bang One of these parties need to step up and either dump Trump or dump Hillary. Both have major issues and cannot be trusted. At this point I believe Hillary to be the worse of the 2 - but it is like choosing between what to cut off - your arm or your leg. Hillary has a life time of scandal and lies and self promotional interest. Trump is all self promotion wt 2 many issues to name here. The hard place is this: if Repubs/conservatives/indeps run to Gary Johnson - then Hillary gets elected. Johnson or another 3rd party guy has to appeal to the dems and the repubs and indeps who are discussed wt the current choices. That 3rd party candidate has to be strong enough to win the whole thing and not just throw the election to the 'lessor of 2 evils'. I don't see anyone capable of winning it as an indep. But the hope is that during this, the craziest election cycle I've ever seen, that another shoe drops and the dynamics will all change to get us out of this 'hard place'.

I think if people seriously take a look at Johnson, everyone will find a lot that they like and a few things they don't agree with. However, they will see a reasonable person who is willing to listen and make good sound decisions all while representing the country well. THAT is the only way a third party candidate can be positioned and win. If someone straight out of conservatism or liberalism tries to run as a third party, then yes.....it just allows the other side to win.

If you step away from the two parties and seriously give someone else a chance, you have to look at the big picture not just a few issues that you may disagree with.

I am so F'ing sick of the panty waste attitude of our society. Go with the flow, it's all good, someone else will take care of me, I am too busy with my own life to care, it will all work out.

There is no background check required to become the "President of the Free World", so if your waiting for someone else to do your dirty work by removing candidates from consideration, your sadly mistaking. These are only requirements to hold the most powerful position in the world!

The person must be a natural-born citizen of the United States

Must have been a permanent resident of the United States of America for at least 14 years.

Each candidate must be at least 35 years of age.

Here is an interesting conversation I found from the past.

This is a conversation between the Special Agent-in-Charge: C. Frank Figliuzzi of the Cleveland FBI and Mike Trivisonno on the Mike Trivisonno Show, WTAM 1100, 7/02/08, Hr. 2.

Caller – Do they perform background checks on candidates and fellows who are in Congress and the Senate and perhaps potential presidential candidates?.

FBI – The short answer is no, no we don’t, but they’re given top secret clearances because they’re members of Congress, or Senators, or even higher ranking officials.

Host – Time out. There are no background checks from the FBI on the people that lead the country, the United States of America?.

FBI – Let me emphasize, elected officials. This is a democracy, the people have elected an official to represent them in Washington, and we do not routinely run background checks on those people.

Host – Even people running for president of the United States of America?.

FBI – That’s correct.

Host – That’s a little weird

FBI – Well, its part of democracy, its part of what the American people want, they want to be able to vote for somebody to represent them in Washington and they don’t want us to get in the way of that and we have no predilection to get in the way of that.

Host – Yeah, but what if they’re voting for a bad person and they don’t know that person is bad, do you follow me?. I’m saying, if the guy’s got a background and maybe he’s involved with some people that he shouldn’t be involved with, shouldn’t we know that as voters?.

FBI – Well, I think you’d agree that the American political process is about as rigorous as you’ll ever see and if there’s dirt back there, probably the opponent is gonna get it out probably before anyone else will.

Host – Now I know why you’re the head of the FBI, they’re good, aren’t they?.”

Edit: Re: Attitude. I am not speaking to any one person here at HB. I am talking about a large portion of our voting public in general.

Edited by TAKODA

How can anyone possibly consider voting for her?

Simple. The alternative is unacceptably worse.

That is absolutely inexcusable. If people are not a fan of Trump, there is a perfectly viable candidate representing the Libertarian party who would represent the country with integrity and intelligence, and would stand up for the constitution. Gary Johnson deserves peoples' votes a million times over above Hillary Clinton.

No, the precedent should be you go after people when they commit a prosecutable crime.

If you start deciding "meh, close enough," that's a pretty damn slippery slope.

I appreciate the distinction of your point, and I agree with that in general, but you can't act like wrapped inside of that precedent is the reality that if you're rich and powerful you're above the law. This is one of the ugliest realities of our country, and I suppose of the world in general.

Yes, I agree that definitely exists. People with more resources tend to get better legal treatment than others. They can afford to lawyer up and fight things fiercely in court, whereas a poorer, less important person could be convicted rather easily. This reality can head of legal action before it ever comes to pass.

Obviously Trump is going to push that "above the law" narrative full bore. More likely, outrage at lack of indictment indicates a lot of people don't really understand how the legal system works. There may be a bit of both involved in the end result-- there's some gray area here that's up for interpretation. As to how we arrived at where we are today, people will have to assign blame/credit to different factors based on their own beliefs and opinions.

For me, I don't really care. Long ago I identified Clinton as the candidate who best represented my values and future for the country. The other candidate is so laughably bad for me that the email thing becomes a blip in the grand scheme of things. A bad blip, but a blip. I'd never vote for that man, and I'll do what I can to make sure he never takes up the mantle.

I guess that about says all I need to know. Unfortunately I'm afraid too many people feel this same way. This country has now officially become the land of the few highly privileged and the home of the well placed.

Well that's not really fair. I think Clinton has an infinitely higher probability of fighting to make things better for everyone, particularly the disadvantaged, than Trump. Johnson doesn't have a realistic chance to win.

Elections boil down to choices. We don't have the best choices this cycle. But she's the better choice.

How can you tell if she telling the truth? You trust her?

I trust her to not wreck the country and push for the things that I want to see done in terms of policy. The rest is just noise to me.

So you think Nixon was unjustly forced from office?