Hillary and the classified emails

DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server

Bryan Pagliano, a former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped set up her private email server, has accepted an immunity offer from the FBI and the Justice Department to provide an interview to investigators, a U.S. law enforcement official told CNN Wednesday.

The FBI has been asking for Pagliano's cooperation for months as dozens of investigators pored over thousands of Clinton emails in a secure room on the fourth floor of FBI headquarters.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html

If she was an average citizen, she'd have already been thrown in jail without bail. There's definitely some shady stuff going on, because the guy goes from not talking at all, to taking an immunity deal. You don't take a deal like that if you did nothing wrong.

Serious question, has anyone ever been put in jail for a similar action?

I ask because the "average citizen" is never even in these situations, which makes it difficult to tell whether this is special treatment

Will we see this face again in the near future?

Clinton-Benghazi-G1-620x362.jpeg

Maybe behind bars as anyone else would be once found guilty of evading dept rules, neglect of security protocol, endangering US secrets and operations as a result of her actions. Some say - Treason is the appropriate word because her negligence was so willful.

I don't like Clinton. But how can negligence be willful? And how can breaking a rule (but with no actual intent to harm the US) be considered treason?

Bryan Pagliano, a former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped set up her private email server, has accepted an immunity offer from the FBI and the Justice Department to provide an interview to investigators, a U.S. law enforcement official told CNN Wednesday.

The FBI has been asking for Pagliano's cooperation for months as dozens of investigators pored over thousands of Clinton emails in a secure room on the fourth floor of FBI headquarters.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html

If she was an average citizen, she'd have already been thrown in jail without bail. There's definitely some shady stuff going on, because the guy goes from not talking at all, to taking an immunity deal. You don't take a deal like that if you did nothing wrong.

I ask because the "average citizen" is never even in these situations, which makes it difficult to tell whether this is special treatment

Yeah, the average citizen wouldn't likely be in this situation. Because the average citizen doesn't have the ability to stonewall and fight back. The average citizen would immediately lose their job. It would never escalate to discussions of treason.

• Fire 1

Yeah, the average citizen wouldn't likely be in this situation. Because the average citizen doesn't have the ability to stonewall and fight back. The average citizen would immediately lose their job. It would never escalate to discussions of treason.

The average citizen doesn't handle classified information.

She was stupid and evasive, but I'm not sure she committed some sort of massive crime, and from what I've read, charges of treason are ludicrous.

Did pertreaus go to jail? I know he lost his job, and the same could be argued for Clinton if she were still secretary (and this should be a factor in the election), but claims she should be in jail over this are over the top.

Again, I'm asking for info: is there any evidence that here action caused harm (eg, emails were hacked and US positions or people compromised)?

Or hiding out in Russia.

Not a proper excuse against what charge?

Incompetence? I agree.

Criminality warranting jail time? I may disagree in this case, especially considering the history of private email use.

I have a feeling an unsecured email server may be one of the lesser shady things that she has done to harm our country.

Or hiding out in Russia.

Ha ha! Yeah, he came to mind.

But there are millions of average Joe's employed in the defense industrial complex who handle classified information every day. Plus all the military and civilian military workers. I've known several who lost their jobs due to security breaches. If you ask me, about 75% of the info that is classified could be declassified without compromising security one iota. It just wastes a bunch of time having to keep all the classified crap under lock and key and handle with special procedures. Thanks Obama. <_<

Or hiding out in Russia.

But there are millions of average Joe's employed in the defense industrial complex who handle classified information every day. Plus all the military and civilian military workers. I've known several who lost their jobs due to security breaches. If you ask me, about 75% of the info that is classified could be declassified without compromising security one iota. It just wastes a bunch of time having to keep all the classified crap under lock and key and handle with special procedures. Thanks Obama. <_<

Sooo, if she wins the election, we can expect her to be impeached, right? :dunnochuckleshuffle

Or hiding out in Russia.

Sooo, if she wins the election, we can expect her to be impeached, right? :dunnochuckleshuffle

Naw, she'll get someone else to take the fall for her. Some staffer will get canned (and paid off). :thumbs:

Will we see this face again in the near future?

Clinton-Benghazi-G1-620x362.jpeg

Maybe behind bars as anyone else would be once found guilty of evading dept rules, neglect of security protocol, endangering US secrets and operations as a result of her actions. Some say - Treason is the appropriate word because her negligence was so willful.

I don't like Clinton. But how can negligence be willful? And how can breaking a rule (but with no actual intent to harm the US) be considered treason?

She knowingly, willfully, deliberately, intentionally (after long and careful thought, planning, design, with the aid of others and contrary to the advice and recommendations and rules she was specifically instructed on multiple times) broke rules, laws, guidelines, instructions, protocols and regulations for the purpose of and hiding from the view and review of those government officials as well as the voters and media and the courts her communications and the information she and her staff as well as other government and non-government people did as Secretary of State of the United States. She conspired with the aid and cooperation of others to violate Federal laws and put at risk the Nation's secrets at a time of war and other national security events.

How can anyone seriously and honestly defend her actions in anyway? How can anyone seriously consider voting for her as the next President of the United States after all the scandalous and immoral and irrational behavior of both of the Clintons? There are 330 million or so other Americans who could be possibly chosen as our next President. What on Earth could possibly make someone think she is the ONE we should elect? She has demonstrated very few qualities that are desirable for a President and many that are not! She is a pathological liar who will stop at nothing short of violation of national security laws and practices for her own selfish personal political and financial reasons. That alone is more than enough reason to completely discard her as a possible candidate.