*****Official College Football Thread - 2016 Edition*****

GSG

/u/BelkBowl got me thinking yesterday, which Harry Potter house would each team be sorted into! I thought I would put some numbers to use in coming up with an answer. Specifically, I looked at the following three parameters:

• Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. To measure this, I used winning percentage from 2006-2015 against Top 10 teams, courtesy of BCF Toys
  • Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. To measure this, I used /u/Drunken_Wanderer's data from last year on revenue by FBS team.
  • Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. To measure this, I counted the CFB Academic All Americansthrough last year as compiled by /u/jdchambo, /u/nickknx865 and I last summer.
  • Hufflepuff values hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play. Hufflepuff gets the leftovers the very nice teams.

To sort the teams into houses, I gave each team a rank in each of the 3 categories measured. Whichever rank a team was best in, I assigned them to that house. For those schools who were not in the top 60 in either of the three parameters, they are rewarded for their patience with the noble Hufflepuff.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Cops: Drunk Georgia Lineman Fell Asleep Behind Wheel, Wouldn't Wake Up For 20 Minutes

Georgia defensive lineman Jonathan Ledbetter was arrested on DUI charges early Sunday morning in Athens, Georgia. According to police, Ledbetter was found sleeping behind the wheel of his car, and was so drunk that it took 20 minutes to wake him up.

According to a police report, four officers tried waking Ledbetter up by shouting at him and tapping on the window, and eventually turned on the siren in one of their cars. When that didn’t work, they used a “lock jock” to open the door and shake him awake.

• 2 weeks later...