GT: Nebraska at Northwestern - 1PM CT - BTN

EG42u7n.pngpICUawl.pngLjkyPzf.png
March 6, 2016
1pm CT - BTN
Welsh-Ryan Arena - Evanston, IL

Nebraska Cornhuskers 14-16, 6-11 (Last: 81-62 L vs Purdue)

vs

Northwestern Wildcats 19-11, 7-10 (Last: 71-61 W vs Penn State)

Big Ten Standings
Indiana 14-3, 24-6
Michigan State 13-5, 26-5
Maryland 12-5, 24-6
Wisconsin 12-5, 20-10
Iowa 12-6, 21-9
Purdue 11-6, 23-7
Ohio State 11-7, 19-12
Michigan 10-8, 20-11
Northwestern 7-10, 19-11
Penn State 6-11, 15-15
Nebraska 6-11, 14-16
Illinois 5-12, 13-17
Minnesota 2-16, 8-22
Rutgers 1-17, 7-24

Head Coaches
Nebraska Tim Miles (344-285, 61-65 at Nebraska)

Northwestern Chris Collins (48-47 at Northwestern)

Injury Report
Nebraska
G - Andrew White III - Shoulder - Probable

Northwestern

F - Joey Van Zegeren - Knee - Out for season
F - Vic Law - Shoulder - Out for season

Scouting Northwestern

Northwestern comes into Sunday’s game playing for one of the first-round byes next week in Indianapolis. The Wildcats are 19-11 on the season and 7-10 in the Big Ten and are assured of finishing ninth in the standings, but could fall to the No. 11 seed with a loss on Sunday. Northwestern brings a two-game winning streak into Sunday’s contest following Thursday’s 71-61 win at Penn State. The Wildcats are led by third-year coach Chris Collins, who spent 13 seasons at Duke under Hall of Fame Coach Mike Krzyzewski before taking the Northwestern job prior to the 2013-14 season.

The Wildcats, who are averaging 72.3 points per game and shooting 36 percent from 3-point range, feature a strong backcourt in sophomore Bryant McIntosh and senior Tre Demps. McIntosh averages 13.8 points per game and is second in the conference with 6.7 assists per game. Demps is 12th in the Big Ten in scoring at 15.4 ppg and leads the Wildcats with 65 3-pointers. The Wildcats also have a solid post game with senior center Alex Olah, who averages 10.8 points and a team-high 5.2 rebounds per game.

Miles is officially coaching for his job next year, right?....

I think he would need two more years like this to be on the hot seat. He has the excuse of using a ton of freshman in his rotation who didn't have college experience. But that doesn't explain the lack of effort which has made most of this season unwatchable.

I think he would need two more years like this to be on the hot seat. He has the excuse of using a ton of freshman in his rotation who didn't have college experience. But that doesn't explain the lack of effort which has made most of this season unwatchable.

If next year is more of the same I could still seeing him getting one more year after that, but not two... no way. Of course, that's just my opinion.

If next year is more of the same I could still seeing him getting one more year after that, but not two... no way. Of course, that's just my opinion.

That is what I meant. I think if he has two more years like this he will be let go.

That is what I meant. I think if he has two more years like this he will be let go.

He finishes under 500 again he won't see the second year.