GT: Nebraska at Northwestern - 1PM CT - BTN

Like I said in a different thread.. Freshman or not, other teams will get "better" as well. So, you have to ask yourself this... Do you think our freshman will improve that much that they can overcome other teams players growth? Also, is our coaches good enough to develop our players enough to matter?

The freshman have gotten better this year, true, but it has been fairly normal improvement. What I mean is the improvement is normal for freshman that are playing as much as they are.

I would disagree with those who earlier stated that this team "quit".

Yes, they played very poorly in the first half, bad shooting, bad rebounding, bad everything...........but I thought for the most part they tried to hustle.

They simply played badly....maybe as poorly as they have all year.

Then in the second half, it was too late to come back vs a smart team.

btw, I would love a full roster of guys who had the aggressive attitude of Morrow. Even with bad and hurting feet and playing out of position..........he really brings it !

Looks like we beat Rutgers, then lose (to the worst possible match-up for us) to Purdue and finish at 15-18.

We need to hope for a Purdue win tonight at home vs Wisconsin. If they win, Wisconsin is the #6.

Good info.................a ray of hope !!

Yes, they played very poorly in the first half, bad shooting, bad rebounding, bad everything...........but I thought for the most part they tried to hustle.

btw, I would love a full roster of guys who had the aggressive attitude of Morrow. Even with bad and hurting feet and playing out of position..........he really brings it !

Either way, playing this poorly this late or they quit... it is a direct sign of poor coaching

CBI bound or no tournament at all I think is the only option for this team, maybe another tourney I am missing cause NIT is out of the picture so is NCAA barring a miraculous B1G tourney where we win it all. Lets see how we do against CBI competition.

Unless the win the big ten or start there own tourney. They are done. 14-17\18 won't get you any more games. Btw 105 teams have winning records.

There is a 4th tourney. The "Vegas 16".

Even the terrible announcers who couldn't correctly name who even had the ball half of the time could see how lethargic the team was until about the last 12:00 of the game. They are college kids on a bad team, they know it and are going through the motions just to get the season over with. If they won one of the OT games or didn't blow the game @PSU, then they probably come out and play a lot harder since they would still have something to play for. But to avoid Rutgers and and bye is meh when you realize that you will likely be overmanned once again in the next round anyway and your season is going to be over.

Even the terrible announcers who couldn't correctly name who even had the ball half of the time could see how lethargic the team was until about the last 12:00 of the game. They are college kids on a bad team, they know it and are going through the motions just to get the season over with. If they won one of the OT games or didn't blow the game @PSU, then they probably come out and play a lot harder since they would still have something to play for. But to avoid Rutgers and and bye is meh when you realize that you will likely be overmanned once again in the next round anyway and your season is going to be over.

I think there is a lot of truth to this...it is not so much "quitting" as it is feeling like you just won't/can't catch a break and you start going through the motions.

Had that been a back and forth game...2-3 points all game...it would have been different. But when you cut it to 6 only to have it go back to 11...you start to lose it a bit.

I think there is a lot of truth to this...it is not so much "quitting" as it is feeling like you just won't/can't catch a break and you start going through the motions.

Had that been a back and forth game...2-3 points all game...it would have been different. But when you cut it to 6 only to have it go back to 11...you start to lose it a bit.

and that is an attitude that you can never allow. If any player played like that I would have benched them and played any other player that showed they cared. Even if they meant losing by 100!

IMO, allowing players to play like that shows you don't care either.