WR recruiting

We need, and will take 4-5 receivers.

We wanted 4 last year and lost out on 2 late so we need to make that up this year. When Glenn Irons and Jaraiah Tolbert left the program it left us down 2. We needed to make that up in last year's recruiting class and missed, so this year we take 4-5. This fall we have Westerkamp, Reilly, Morgan, Moore, Pierson El, K Wiliams, Alston, Grim, Spielman. They want 11-12 scholarship players at this positionand have 9 on the roster this fall. With Mike Riley, his Receivers have historically struggled with pulled groins/hamstrings, and other nagging injuries. Plus they like to run 2 teams in practice and need the guys to get the reps. We graduate 3 so we go into next year with 6... They will take 4-5.

• Fire 1

I said 3-4 awhile ago which I believe is about what some recruiting guys said as well.

I'd be very surprised if we take more than four. Simply too many other positions that need guys as well. Plus, then you get unbalanced - if you lose 4-5 guys in one year it makes it tough. Rather have about 3 each year.

• Fire 1

I said 3-4 awhile ago which I believe is about what some recruiting guys said as well.

I'd be very surprised if we take more than four. Simply too many other positions that need guys as well. Plus, then you get unbalanced - if you lose 4-5 guys in one year it makes it tough. Rather have about 3 each year.

Agree. But we might take a fifth WR is he's a JUCO.

You won't lose 4-5 guys in one year because some will redshirt and some will play. We only took 2 last year so if you take 5 and 2 redshirt it makes it more spaced out.

We have 3 Sr's Westercamp, Moore, Reilly

Returning after this season we have 7 with only 1 Sr in DPE

Pierson El

Morgan Jr

Alston

Darlington

Spielman

Grim

Keyan Williams

They need to take 4 this class. 3 won't be enough. With all the groin and hamstring pulls these guys get, we'll run into the problem we had last fall with not enough guys to split into 2 teams to practice.

You won't lose 4-5 guys in one year because some will redshirt and some will play. We only took 2 last year so if you take 5 and 2 redshirt it makes it more spaced out.

And one from last year's class redshirted while some from next year's class will play. So you could still lose 5 in a year.

Pierson El

Morgan Jr

Alston

Darlington

Spielman

Grim

Keyan Williams

There is a really good chance DPE will get another year as well.

I don't think so. He played in 5 games, which is way over the threshold to get a medical redshirt. I guess we could try to get him another year, but I wouldn't classify it as a "really good chance".

Pierson El

Morgan Jr

Alston

Darlington

Spielman

Grim

Keyan Williams

There is a really good chance DPE will get another year as well.

I don't think so. He played in 5 games, which is way over the threshold to get a medical redshirt. I guess we could try to get him another year, but I wouldn't classify it as a "really good chance".
unless the drew Ott rule goes into effect of NCAA grants him an extra year after playing in 6 games.