Fighting Erstads vs. Wichita State

Think our pitchers would figure out walking batters is not a good thing by now. Got killed by them in first game and only reason they scored last game is b/c of them. Pitch strikes and let your defense do its job, especially early in the season. After you've got some innings under your belt later in season and gain more control you can try to work corners.

Think our pitchers would figure out walking batters is not a good thing by now. Got killed by them in first game and only reason they scored last game is b/c of them. Pitch strikes and let your defense do its job, especially early in the season. After you've got some innings under your belt later in season and gain more control you can try to work corners.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Man, I didn't realize how poorly regarded Wichita State is. They are in the 240s in the baseball RPI. NU's RPI took a hit by losing game 1 of the series. Indiana State is in the top 100, so this week's midweek series could be nice for NU.

Oh well, I think Friday's game was an outlier, when compared to the past 3 weeks. Hopefully NU is building momentum for the conference season. If NU is regularly winning conference series, they will be just fine for a postseason berth in the NCAA tourney.

Interesting. They used to be at the top of the baseball world, didn't they?

Yup, they sure were for the longest time.

sadly, after firing stephenson they have turned into a horrid baseball team. pitching sucks even though they still have kemnitz, and i dont think they could hit water if they fell out of a boat.