Ryan Boldt is going to be severely missed next year.

Good to see King have a stable outing last night. He still looked a little shaky but kept control for the most part and got the job done.

I'm looking forward to the Illinois series. I think it will be a good indicator of what we really have going on this season.

I remember seeing posts about how people have been disappointed in Boldt's career after he struggled in the opening series this year. The dude is a stud.

Saw that he already had more extra base hits this year than he had last year. He struggled most of last year at the plate but is making up for it.

I think the new approach the whole team seems to be taking is helping Boldt and others. It's really simple for hitters to look for a hit to "drive" when they are ahead in the count. That's taught at every level. I don't know why it wasn't emphasized until this year with Erstad.

Isn't Erstad taking a more hands on approach to the offense this year?

That's been the story all along. But it sounds like most of the difference is just being aggressive early in counts.

Not sure why that would take an entire year to correct but at least we're seeing the benefits now.

Also just got a new batting coach last season IIRC...maybe took a year to acclimate/get aligned?

Erstad is signing from the dugout. Kirby does not sign from third base. Erstad is doing all offense.

Bottom of the 4th:

Wilkening strikes out

Schleppenbach grounds out

Reveles singles

New pitcher for Creighton

Boldt walks, Reveles to second

Boldt steals second, Reveles steals third

Placzek walks

Miller hit by pitch, Placzek to second, Boldt to third, Reveles scores! 4-1 Huskers!

New pitcher for Creighton

Schreiber singles, Miller to third, Placzek scores, Boldt scores! 6-1 Huskers!

Meyers strikes out

3 runs, 2 hits, 2 left on base

Nebraska 6, Creighton 1 after 4

That was a helluva inning. I flipped it over to the Golf Channel after two outs. Flipped it back a few minutes later and we had more three runs. I thought, man that was a fast--I must have missed a whole inning. But the two-out inning wasn't even over yet. Nice! :thumbs: