Boldt Swinging a Hot Bat

Despite the slow game against Indiana State, Boldt is swinging at hot bat of late. In the Huskers’ last six games, Boldt is hitting 15-for-31 (.483) with two doubles, one triple, two home runs, eight RBI, 10 runs while also stealing five bases.

Boldt launched two homers against Creighton on Tuesday night, taking advantage of hanging breaking balls and making pitchers pay. Boldt shrugged after the game when asked if anything was different.
“I’m just seeing the ball and putting good swings on it,” Boldt said. “I’ve been getting good pitches to hit and I haven’t missed them. Hopefully I keep getting good pitches to hit. It’s see ball, hit ball.
“I got a couple hanging breaking balls that I didn’t miss. Looking to hit the fastball away, if the offspeed is up, hopefully I don’t miss it and it goes a long ways.”
On the year, Boldt is hitting .358 with four home runs and 18 RBI. The junior has been more aggressive on the base paths, swiping 13-of-20 bases attempted, and is seeing more RBI opportunities because of the work done at the bottom of the Husker lineup by Jake Schleppenbach and Steven Reveles.