SIGNED - DT Deontre Thomas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Parrella supposedly told Thomas that nothing was going to change with the new DC - same front, same scheme, etc.

Good to hear. Our issues are not scheme as much as fundamental football, coaching and better recruiting. We can't take four years of recruiting new types of players for a new scheme and think Riley survives those 4-5 years and Nebraska wins.

• Fire 1

Parrella supposedly told Thomas that nothing was going to change with the new DC - same front, same scheme, etc.

Good to hear. Our issues are not scheme as much as fundamental football, coaching and better recruiting. We can't take four years of recruiting new types of players for a new scheme and think Riley survives those 4-5 years and Nebraska wins.

I agree with this, it would be hard to tell who would play what position on the D-Line too. Some of those DE's would have to beef up or play OLB.

So about that...

The way I interpreted this from Schaefer was that Thomas said he didn't really care what scheme we ran and that Parrella told him he wasn't sure if we were staying with the 4-3 or not. Essentially implying it's not a big deal.

So about that...

The way I interpreted this from Schaefer was that Thomas said he didn't really care what scheme we ran and that Parrella told him he wasn't sure if we were staying with the 4-3 or not. Essentially implying it's not a big deal.

Okay, that makes more sense.

Just watched the film that Mike Schaefer posted. The 4 stars on 247 are warranted. I wonder if/when other services will follow suit.

Gets off the ball quick, shows great awareness in reading plays (screens, blocks, etc.). He played all across the defensive front in stances and standing. Flexibility and knowledge of the positions is going to be great going into our new defense. Most importantly it looks like he has a motor. He ran down runningbacks and quarterbacks all throughout the film.

I'm not sure the competition level he played in, but that was a great 4 minutes and 30 some seconds. Worth the watch.

• Fire 2