SIGNED - DT Deontre Thomas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 24 2016.

DEONTRE THOMAS , DT, 6-3, 275, MUSTANG, OKLAHOMA

“It was great out there!” Thomas said of his visit to Nebraska for the spring game. “It was great in Nebraska. Actually I liked it all but my highlight was with John Parrella (NU defensive tackle coach.

Spring game experience.

“The game was crazy, it was crazy, 70,000 people. Jets flying over the stadium. Oh yea the scrimmage. It was crazy.” Thomas said

Coach Parrella has Thomas very interested.

“He’s full of energy, he’s just a great guy. He talked about football and also life after football; just everything. He said I’m big, have size, strong, I’m explosive. He was telling me that I’m a student of the game. I can understand blocking schemes, how I get off the ball. ” Thomas said

Upcoming trips.

“I’m going to take a few just to compare a little more. For sure I’m going to Arkansas and will visit a couple more places. I kind of want to check it out. I like the coaches at Michigan, great place to be. I like the weather, the town and also crazy with the fans. Pretty much the same thing.” Thomas said

cornhead.gif

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 24 2016. DEONTRE THOMAS , DT, 6-3, 275, MUSTANG, OKLAHOMA

It was great out there! Thomas said of his visit to Nebraska for the spring game. It was great in Nebraska. Actually I liked it all but my highlight was with John Parrella (NU defensive tackle coach.

Spring game experience.

The game was crazy, it was crazy, 70,000 people. Jets flying over the stadium. Oh yea the scrimmage. It was crazy. Thomas said

Coach Parrella has Thomas very interested.

Hes full of energy, hes just a great guy. He talked about football and also life after football; just everything. He said Im big, have size, strong, Im explosive. He was telling me that Im a student of the game. I can understand blocking schemes, how I get off the ball. Thomas said

Upcoming trips.

Im going to take a few just to compare a little more. For sure Im going to Arkansas and will visit a couple more places. I kind of want to check it out. I like the coaches at Michigan, great place to be. I like the weather, the town and also crazy with the fans. Pretty much the same thing. Thomas said

cornhead.gif

Weird that you didn't comment on him committing on the 30th.

It will be interesting to see what happens to his ratings when the other services finally get to him. Obviously there are some major college coaches that see good talent.

This guy seems to look the part as well. He seems pretty underrated to me. A lot of the 300lb guys at the high school level carry a lot of bad weight and succeed because they are bigger than everyone else and can push ppl around. They don't necessarily do that well at the next level and are hard to project. I like is going after a kid like this who is 260/270 and who shows a lot of strength, quick fire off the line, and a high motor. He seems to have good pad level and a relentless pursuit to the whistle which are what will help him at that next level. If he misses, he doesn't lay on the ground, he quickly gets up and goes and gets his guy down. I love the hustle here.