SIGNED - DT Deontre Thomas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In Mike Riley vs. Jim Harbaugh, new Nebraska assistant might win

By Sam McKewon / World-Herald Bureau POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2016 12:00 AM

LINCOLN — A Saturday recruiting showdown between Nebraska’s Mike Riley and Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh looms, according to multiple recruiting reports.

The Huskers and Wolverines appear to be the two finalists for defensive tackle Deontre Thomas out of Mustang, Oklahoma.

<snip>

Nebraska has pummeled Thomas with attention, including a boatload of handwritten notes last week to Thomas’ house. (Thomas' hs coach) Dombeck knows a little about Nebraska, having played quarterback at Wyoming. His first start: The 1994 game in Lincoln when Brook Berringer collapsed a lung. Dombeck and the Cowboys put a scare into the Huskers that day in a 42-32 loss. Dombeck threw for 264 yards and a pair of touchdowns. “The fans were special,” Dombeck said. “They cheered us coming off the field because we gave Nebraska such a great game.”

LINK

Thomas' coach was the QB for Wyoming in 1994 when they gave us a run for the money in Memorial Stadium. Small world, huh?

I was at that game...I think Marcus Harris went crazy

In Mike Riley vs. Jim Harbaugh, new Nebraska assistant might win

By Sam McKewon / World-Herald Bureau POSTED: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27, 2016 12:00 AM

LINCOLN — A Saturday recruiting showdown between Nebraska’s Mike Riley and Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh looms, according to multiple recruiting reports.

The Huskers and Wolverines appear to be the two finalists for defensive tackle Deontre Thomas out of Mustang, Oklahoma.

<snip>

Nebraska has pummeled Thomas with attention, including a boatload of handwritten notes last week to Thomas’ house. (Thomas' hs coach) Dombeck knows a little about Nebraska, having played quarterback at Wyoming. His first start: The 1994 game in Lincoln when Brook Berringer collapsed a lung. Dombeck and the Cowboys put a scare into the Huskers that day in a 42-32 loss. Dombeck threw for 264 yards and a pair of touchdowns. “The fans were special,” Dombeck said. “They cheered us coming off the field because we gave Nebraska such a great game.”

LINK

Thomas' coach was the QB for Wyoming in 1994 when they gave us a run for the money in Memorial Stadium. Small world, huh?

I was at that game...I think Marcus Harris went crazy

He's the guy that got essentially ripped in half by two defenders, one going high and one going low. If I remember right his facemask was severely bent after the play - it used to be on youtube but I can't find it.