Big Visit Weekend

N Zone

We HAVE to win the K-state game, and we have to have a great game day atmosphere. Hopefully we won't have any jackasses booing the team. We have a ton of big visitors coming for the game that weekend, and it could be a big win on the field as well as on the recruiting front. We will have 3 count them 3 difference making running backs to the game. If we can put the pussycats away we may very well garner some commitments right away.

The three we will have at the game are Derron Thomas, Sidarean Adams, and Andre Brown. All three of these guys would be a big improvement to what we have on the team right now. In fact if any of these kids commit, I would expect them to start next year. That is the kind of talent we are talking about.

We also have two big time defensive ends. Grayson Gunhiem and Chris Bowers. Both of these guys are big time talents. Probably neither one of them will see the field their first year. However, Gunhiem is our next big time DE. I see him as the next Wistrom/Rucker type player. He has that kind of speed.

Then we have DT McDowell a QB that has already commited to us. He is a special player like I have talked about before. The other visitor is someone I consider a must get. Courtney Grixby, the brother of Deantae. He is a top 5 ranked corner, regardless of what recruiting service you look at. He is in state and we must get him to commit. That being said, I don't think it will be long after our 10 or so point victory over KSU that Grixby does commit.

Let's just hope the game is everything all of these kids have ever wanted in a college football experience. Go Skers

Plus our newest development of the new Tom and Nancy Osborne Sports complex couldn't hurt to get these kids into the red threads.

I don't even know if the game is really that important to the recruits, to be honest, as far as winning I mean. The point is that they need to experience and witness what goes on their on Saturday and the day or two leading up to it. And if this is indeed the case, we have all ready won.

If the game doesn't turn out like we all want, the kids could think, "hey I could come in here and start right away" or "I can help them regain their edge."

Watched Big Red Wrap up and have been on rivals browsing some recruits and there are just a ton coming in this week. On the program they mentioned about a dozen are to visit. Give or take a few. These are really the top notch recruits we need. Also the other big weekends appear to be the second and third weeks in December. GO BIG RED

Eric "the Red"

I disagree Eric. These are big time players coming in, who all THINK they can start today if they wanted to. They need to see us WIN. Losing isnt going to compel them to come b/c it will give them more of a chance to play next year. They want to be part of a winner, and the electric game day atmosphere that L-town is capable of wouldnt be in full effect without a W.

Just my opinion. But if I see Kstate come in and smack NU, Im wondering if KSU isnt the new NU of the North. Remember this is their only exposure to Lincoln, and a loss at home creates a dark cloud over the city for at least the entire time theyre in town. Thats part of the reason why we havent landed the big cruits from the past couple years. We have been losing games they have been at. plain and simple.

redcountry

Pure coincedence....

Today in the Kanas CIty newspaper they ran an article on how KST is possible attracting more Nebraskans to venture South.

In it I quote,

"Whoever wins Saturday may or may not play a role in which school (Omaha' Central's) Gunn and Grixby choose. Omaha Central coach Joe McMenamin said he had a running back a few years ago who visited Colorado, and the Buffaloes beat the Huskers."

“It was David Horne. People thought after that game he was going to go to Colorado,” McMenamin said. “You see what happened.”

"Horne is a reserve I-back for Nebraska."

"Gunn indicated he won't make a decision based on Saturday's outcome."

Pretty cool someone writes an article about what I'm thinkin the very next day. :lol: (Check the Dates) Never question "the Red" ;)

Final Statements are coming...

Eric "the Red"