Way Too Early Kudos

First off, let me vocalize that I realize it's only April and we haven't finished anything yet.

Having said that, I believe we are on a roll. I think that we have gotten on a groove and it's all gravy from here on out. I thought it was only appropriate to award some kudos to the guys who I believe have kick started this big red recruiting machine! If I'm not mistaken, Kudos come in a box of 12(snickers, m&m, choc. chip) so here we go.

4 - The Head Man himself. Coach Riley may have not been a sparkly brand new car that most of us wished for at the arrival of our new Coach, but he has fit the bill well in the recruiting side of things. His name on the West Coast is worth gold. He has said all the right things, doesn't step on toes, knows how to treat kids great! Plus, every kid loves their Grandparents!

2 - Coach Bray. He has been an absolute ACE recruiter. Recruits say all the right things about this guy. You have to believe when so many guys are saying it that it must be true, right? Let's see if he can snag Roberts. I'd toss him another kudos bar if so.

2 - Coach Williams. I think if I give him a little more time, he's going to deserve more as well. He's locked in with 2 - 4 stars + working on 2 borderline 4 stars and 2 5 stars. He had a solid class last year, but missed on the big fish. Let's see what happens so far. Guys love him.

1 - Coach Cav. He's been a good recruiter. Needs to get some big fish soon.

1 - Coach Stew. He's been nailing the DB circuit. Keep it rollin stew!

2 - Coach Harbaugh. Yes, that coach. I truly believe he has helped open up the eyes of a lot of talent to realize it wouldn't be so bad in the midwest. Michigan and Nebraska aren't too different when comparing climates, etc. I think when guys saw Michigan nailing it this past year in recruiting, they realized Nebraska is an even better spot to land. Thanks Coach Harbaugh! Can't wait to whoop you guys in a couple years!

This staff is accomplishing this because of three things.

a) Riley has gone out and hired assistants that like to recruit and (even more important) are experts in their positions.

b) Both kids and parents like and trust this staff. The parents know their kid is going to be well taken care of when they are hundreds of miles from home.

c) Nebraska football is a great place to be if a and b are there. We have great facilities. We have great fans. We have a great college town to send your kid and it's a safe environment.

I agree with sending out Kudos. It's going to be fun to see how this class comes together. We clearly have the eye of some major talent.

Yes, it is very early but I agree with the sentiments generally and am confident we will reel in a nice bunch this year. With the success we have on the field this fall (yes, I foresee a great season full of exciting football games - a few nail biters that we win this time!), those recruits that remain unsure as to whether NU is the place to go should feel good about the future prospects. It is a bit of a double edged sword sometimes as recruits are looking to go to a top ranked school with chances to win titles but at the same time want to go where there is ample opportunity to find playing time early. Usually those two are contradictory as teams that win are loaded with quality players. Nebraska is poised to make a big jump and 2016 and 2017 are going to prove to be memorable years. I am hopeful and confident that the future is bright and it seems the naysayers and doom and gloom (for the most part) have subsided with a couple 'name' recruit commits. They are just the beginning but very positive signs. Encouragement and dedication and a good dose of support from all the fans will help.