Kevin Williams to Transfer to Michigan State

Hmm, would be a definite loss. The guy has alot of quicks, shoots gaps and makes plays. Add this to the losses of MC and VV and unpleasant thoughts come to mind re: the DL. So, can he play @ NU for another year and, if so, why on earth would he want to transfer to KY who is still a bottom feeder in the SEC?

Zero DTs in the '16 class: not cool.

Hmm, would be a definite loss. The guy has alot of quicks, shoots gaps and makes plays. Add this to the losses of MC and VV and unpleasant thoughts come to mind re: the DL. So, can he play @ NU for another year and, if so, why on earth would he want to transfer to KY who is still a bottom feeder in the SEC?

23 games played. 27 total tackles and 3 sacks. 1 fumble recovery.

I dunno, he seemed like a pretty effective player when he was in there, IMO. Injuries held him back. So, who we looking at as 1-2 deep @ DT next season?

I dunno, he seemed like a pretty effective player when he was in there, IMO. Injuries held him back. So, who we looking at as 1-2 deep @ DT next season?

Starters will probably be Kevin Maurice and Kahlil Davis. 2's would probably be Carlos Davis and Peyton Newell. Maybe Stoltenberg if he is healthy.

would be a huge loss for us. lot of years in this program as a 1st string (not a backup) player...

Agree

I don't think it would be a "huge" loss other than further depletion of an already depleted area. He's played in about 50% of the possible games he could have. And only made 4 starts.

should have put the :sarcasm in there - sorry :)

would be a huge loss for us. lot of years in this program as a 1st string (not a backup) player...

Agree

I don't think it would be a "huge" loss other than further depletion of an already depleted area. He's played in about 50% of the possible games he could have. And only made 4 starts.

should have put the :sarcasm in there - sorry :)

Well now ya done it

Hopefully another backup can step up and account for the 1.1 tackles a game that we will lose with this transfer.

Don't get too snarky. 1.1 is more tackles than the entire Nebraska defense had all game against Purdue last year.

But if you think we are loaded on the defensive line after already losing Collins and Valentine early, than yeah, Nebraska is stacked at that position and this is more addition by subtraction or whatever.

For those who don't think it's a big loss, think about who's gone from last year. Yes, the are a lot of quality young players. But experience, depth and leadership is important, and the difference will be very noticeable. We may be starting two DT that have never played a meaningful snap in college football (I can't remember if this is exactly right, but you get the point).

Starters will probably be Kevin Maurice and Kahlil Davis. 2's would probably be Carlos Davis and Peyton Newell. Maybe Stoltenberg if he is healthy.

OMG, guess what, the guy I've been touting on here as making plays is Kevin Maurice, not Kevin Williams, who has more or less been a bust. My bad sports fans, I always got the 2 mixed up in my mind. Anyway, go Kevin Maurice!