Kevin Williams to Transfer to Michigan State

Seriously....Best of luck to him. I honestly don't have any bad feelings towards him or his decision.

However, it just baffles me. I wish at some point he would explain why going this year to Kentucky makes sense.

I'm sure he has his reasons but it totally baffles me at this point.

We lose two to the NFL and another one is giving quitting football to pursue other things in life.

If he wants to play, its shaping up to be a year where he would get major playing time.

For those who don't think it's a big loss, think about who's gone from last year. Yes, the are a lot of quality young players. But experience, depth and leadership is important, and the difference will be very noticeable. We may be starting two DT that have never played a meaningful snap in college football (I can't remember if this is exactly right, but you get the point).

experience and leadership will be missed.....

However, it just baffles me. I wish at some point he would explain why going this year to Kentucky makes sense.

I don't know why it is so baffling to you. He has been at NU for 5 years. Maybe he's sick of the fishbowl that is NU football and wants to get away from it. He would be going on his 3rd DL coach in 3 years here. And its not the same staff that recruited him.

I saw somewhere that he recently had a relative pass. He is from Ohio, UK is probably a few hours drive from his family/hometown. Maybe he just wants to be closer to home because of that.

• Fire 2

Best of luck to KW.

The thing I find odd is how most of the local media seems to throw a little dig at him about that starter comment whenever his name gets brought up. I guess they really took some exception to that!

Members here seem to enjoy doing the same thing.

Best of luck to Kevin. Next man up.

• Fire 2

Seriously....Best of luck to him. I honestly don't have any bad feelings towards him or his decision.

We lose two to the NFL and another one is giving quitting football to pursue other things in life.

If he wants to play, its shaping up to be a year where he would get major playing time.

How do you know that? He may have been second string at the start of fall camp and headed for 3rd by kickoff of the first game. There is also a chance that he valued being close to family.

I don't know why it is so baffling to you. He has been at NU for 5 years. Maybe he's sick of the fishbowl that is NU football and wants to get away from it. He would be going on his 3rd DL coach in 3 years here. And its not the same staff that recruited him.

I saw somewhere that he recently had a relative pass. He is from Ohio, UK is probably a few hours drive from his family/hometown. Maybe he just wants to be closer to home because of that.

All I'm saying is that I would be interested in hearing the reasons. I said that I'm sure he has his reasons. And....I'm not expecting to ever know them because it's a private choice. To me, it just seems odd.

All I'm saying is that I would be interested in hearing the reasons. I said that I'm sure he has his reasons. And....I'm not expecting to ever know them because it's a private choice. To me, it just seems odd.

He was just on the afternoon show of usc and said he wanted to go to a team that would further his development and draftability, he said it was a little harder making the decision since JP took over but not enough to change his mind. Thought the chance to play in the SEC would help his draft stock. This was amongst other reasons, some were about the change in coaching staffs.