TE Reese Leitao [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Reese Leitao
Hometown: Jenks, Oklahoma
School: Jenks
Position: Tight End
Height: 6-4
Weight: 234
40 time:
Offers: Arkansas State, Duke, Houston, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, State, Miami (OH), Minnesota, Navy, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Tulsa, UCF
Visits: 9/17/16 vs. Oregon

Twitter

247 Composite: #750 Overall; #35 TE; .8503; :star :star :star

Rivals: #15 TE; :star :star :star
247: #52 TE; :star :star :star
Scout: #30 TE; :star :star :star
ESPN: #26 TE-Y; :star :star :star

Hudl

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

JUNE 30 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

REESE LEITAO , TE, 6-4, 230, JENKS, OKLAHOMA

Leitao attended Nebraska’s Friday Night Lights camp as a spectator last week. He participated and toured the facilities at Nebraska’s Big Red Weekend earlier in the month.

“Amazing.”

“It was amazing.” Leitao said of NU’s facilities. “I was impressed by the facilities, I was impressed by the coaches. They are really a family, I appreciated that.”

Leitao had a meeting with Nebraska’s tight end coach Tavita Thompson. They discussed how productive he would be in Nebraska’s offensive system.

“We sat down and watched a little bit of film. He told me trying to make some comparisons of guys they already have on the team. Let me see what it would be actually playing there. That really helped me out to see what it would be like being actually a Cornhusker.” Leitao said

Also Coach Thompson compared Leitao to current Husker tight end Cethan Carter. Leitao commented and said Carter was very productive in the Big Ten and was a key player in Nebraska’s offense.

Coach Mike Riley, Coach Thompson, Reese and his father all met to discuss the Nebraska program in general and his abilities. Being a Cornhusker.

“We met for quite a while we talked about an hour. Just kind of explaining what Nebraska is all about; their team goals, what their team values are. And it really helped put a picture in my mind would it be like.” Leitao said

“They (Nebraska) talked about how they could use my versatility on line and also on the backfield, would it be going out on a long wheel route. Just being versatile, and keeping the defensive on their toes.”

Cyclones.

“I went their (Iowa State) Saturday.” Says Leitao. “They have some similarities to Nebraska. Coaching staff especially, have a family atmosphere. They bring you in and care for their players.”

Hoosiers making a push.

“Me and Coach James Patton (Indiana) talk quite a bit. I’m going to see if I could get over there after the dead period ends sometime in July. There offensive production is top notch in their conference. They use the tight end pretty well. I know they will be throwing the ball effectively and efficiently; that’s what sticks out to me.” Leitao said

Next up.

“I’m going to Penn State and Maryland next month (July),” he says, “I have a Maryland offer. At Penn State I’ll participate in camp and see if I get an offer there. I like Maryland pretty well we recently been in contact. I’ve been learning a bit how they play and how they use my position.”

Penn State wants a closer look at Leitao before an offer is extended.

“Coach Rick Rahne came out during spring for my practices. We started contact each other and he invited me out to camp. So I’ll just go out take a tour and see how much I like it."

"Right now I know they have big tradition. I like being in that. I’m just go out and do the same thing like Maryland. See the school, their offenses in my position to see if it would be a good fit for me.”

“I’m not too sure yet.” When asked if a commitment is planned this summer. “I hoping to take officials to see what the school is during school. If I feel it’s a good fit for me I’ll just commit there.”

What the coaches say.

“Coaches like my versatility through my game film. I think they see I can pull off and go out and run deep routes. So just be able to play on a lot of positions on the field, rather it’s in the backfield or on the line.” Leitao said

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...