Tate Martell

Martell is labeled as a DT QB but that is kind of deceiving. His stats the last couple of years are on par with what POB put up his Jr. and Sr. years. POB actually has more rushing yards and rush TDs then what Tate has had. I know that will change cause Tate has another year but I just don't see Tate as a true DT QB. Here are Tate's stats for his So. and Jr. years.

So. 2537 yds. passing 40 tds. 2 ints. 433 rush yds. 5 tds.

Jr. 2608 yds. passing 32 tds. 6 ints. 604 rush yds. 9 tds.

Martinez, a transfer from San Bernardino Cajon before his senior year, had jaw-dropping statistics this season. The Nebraska-bound standout threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 28 touchdowns, and ran for 750 yards and 12 scores.

Martinez was labeled as an Athlete, not the #1 DT QB in the nation.

Martell is labeled as a DT QB but that is kind of deceiving. His stats the last couple of years are on par with what POB put up his Jr. and Sr. years. POB actually has more rushing yards and rush TDs then what Tate has had. I know that will change cause Tate has another year but I just don't see Tate as a true DT QB. Here are Tate's stats for his So. and Jr. years.

So. 2537 yds. passing 40 tds. 2 ints. 433 rush yds. 5 tds.

Jr. 2608 yds. passing 32 tds. 6 ints. 604 rush yds. 9 tds.

Martinez, a transfer from San Bernardino Cajon before his senior year, had jaw-dropping statistics this season. The Nebraska-bound standout threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 28 touchdowns, and ran for 750 yards and 12 scores.

Martinez was labeled as an Athlete, not the #1 DT QB in the nation.

Point is, stats can be deceiving.

I am sure Tate Martell is a wonderful player and he will do well with whichever team he finally ends up with. I just don't see a point to offering another 2017 QB when the one that is committed is going to enroll early and is peer recruiting other players to joining him in Lincoln.

Add that to the fact we have a QB from 2016 that enrolled early and a transfer from Tulane and things can get very murky at that position and create unnecessary drama for an already overly dramatic fan base.

It appears to me that the coaches believe in their abilities to land a very good QB each class and that, in turn will give them the options that they need. If one of those QB's happen to leave before their eligibility is up in Lincoln, I could see the coaches trying to get 2 in a class. But for now, it's 1 per class.

• Fire 2

I am sure Tate Martell is a wonderful player and he will do well with whichever team he finally ends up with. I just don't see a point to offering another 2017 QB when the one that is committed is going to enroll early and is peer recruiting other players to joining him in Lincoln.

Add that to the fact we have a QB from 2016 that enrolled early and a transfer from Tulane and things can get very murky at that position and create unnecessary drama for an already overly dramatic fan base.

It appears to me that the coaches believe in their abilities to land a very good QB each class and that, in turn will give them the options that they need. If one of those QB's happen to leave before their eligibility is up in Lincoln, I could see the coaches trying to get 2 in a class. But for now, it's 1 per class.

and thread over

Also to add I believe Gebbia was our #1 QB we were going after. Could be wrong though but I agree with everything you've said

Oh what the hell do you know!?

Oh what the hell do you know!?
Not a damn thing

Since the thread is 'over' I won't add much more that just to say that i would never complain if a player at any given position (say Martel at Safety for example) has too many skills. I think it would be nice to have our third or fourth string QB also be our punter for example. It can save a valuable scholarship. Often use them as holders for points after and so on. If we have a punter who does extra points, field goals and kick offs, he will be more valuable. Even if he is just the back up, you save a spot on the travel roster for an extra CB or LB or WR. Darin Erstad was a superb punter and exceptional athlete. Could have played safety or perhaps a LB spot if we'd have needed it I imagine.

And I think you'll find it hard to

Since the thread is 'over' I won't add much more that just to say that i would never complain if a player at any given position (say Martel at Safety for example) has too many skills. I think it would be nice to have our third or fourth string QB also be our punter for example. It can save a valuable scholarship. Often use them as holders for points after and so on. If we have a punter who does extra points, field goals and kick offs, he will be more valuable. Even if he is just the back up, you save a spot on the travel roster for an extra CB or LB or WR. Darin Erstad was a superb punter and exceptional athlete. Could have played safety or perhaps a LB spot if we'd have needed it I imagine.

And I think you'll have a hard time finding anyone who is against that.

So...... yea.