Tate Martell

I would suggest we recruit all the best football players in the country we can find and we will let practice and game performance sort out which guys play where and how much!

Assuming all these recruiting and rating sites are half way close, as a dual threat 5 star QB, he has to be an excellent passer, excellent game manager, have good football knowledge generally and be sub 4.5 speed. Yes, he is too short for today's 6'5 plus linemen really but with outstanding other skills, one should recruit and give him a good tryout. He would be a fine CB no doubt.

Wait so you want to recruit a 5 star duel threat QB and switch him to a CB?

This kid is not someone I'd want as the leader and public figurehead of my program. He may be a good football player but I already see signs of some character issues and immaturity. At a school like Nebraska we need a good kid and a good football player.

Hes a HS Jr....

I just died laughing!

I would suggest we recruit all the best football players in the country we can find and we will let practice and game performance sort out which guys play where and how much!

Assuming all these recruiting and rating sites are half way close, as a dual threat 5 star QB, he has to be an excellent passer, excellent game manager, have good football knowledge generally and be sub 4.5 speed. Yes, he is too short for today's 6'5 plus linemen really but with outstanding other skills, one should recruit and give him a good tryout. He would be a fine CB no doubt.

I didn't say that but it is quite a possible outcome. We have a probable starting tackle this fall at about 6'-9" Vision is necessary as the QB needs to look down field before throwing don't you agree? Line players are averaging around 6-5 or more. LBs are 6-3. WRs are 6-3 plus. We have a TE commit who is still in HS at 6'8. I believe I acknowledge he is a 5 star (presumably rated for his all around skills, etc.) but he is certainly much shorter than the 6'4" plus which is the preferred size. I also stipulate that he must have superior other skills because his height alone would likely take a 5 star down to a 3 star by many observers. I am sure you would agree on this point.

I said, give him his shot at QB and if that fails, we still have recruiting and used a scholarship guaranteed to provide him a free education, whether he plays a single down of football or not, he should be an able defensive back. Perhaps he can hold for extra point kicks and or become a kicker/punter or something. Maybe another small receiver but it seems we have a bevvy of those highly rated as well.

I didn't say that but it is quite a possible outcome. We have a probable starting tackle this fall at about 6'-9" Vision is necessary as the QB needs to look down field before throwing don't you agree? Line players are averaging around 6-5 or more. LBs are 6-3. WRs are 6-3 plus. We have a TE commit who is still in HS at 6'8. I believe I acknowledge he is a 5 star (presumably rated for his all around skills, etc.) but he is certainly much shorter than the 6'4" plus which is the preferred size. I also stipulate that he must have superior other skills because his height alone would likely take a 5 star down to a 3 star by many observers. I am sure you would agree on this point.

I said, give him his shot at QB and if that fails, we still have recruiting and used a scholarship guaranteed to provide him a free education, whether he plays a single down of football or not, he should be an able defensive back. Perhaps he can hold for extra point kicks and or become a kicker/punter or something. Maybe another small receiver but it seems we have a bevvy of those highly rated as well.

You are getting harder and harder to read. Good grief.

So, we'll just ignore the whole concept of recruiting players that fit our scheme?

So, we'll just ignore the whole concept of recruiting players that fit our scheme?

And why does recruiting a great athlete (again we are assuming that as it appears you think this is a great recruit) not fit into our 'scheme' whatever that means. The scheme is to recruit great football players to Nebraska and make them better and win lots of games and we all are happy, correct? Gee whiz folks. If he can't play QB, then he might be a good player elsewhere. He is a great athlete. He apparently wants to come to Lincoln, atleast to visit. Why would you not want him?

And why does recruiting a great athlete (again we are assuming that as it appears you think this is a great recruit) not fit into our 'scheme' whatever that means. The scheme is to recruit great football players to Nebraska and make them better and win lots of games and we all are happy, correct? Gee whiz folks. If he can't play QB, then he might be a good player elsewhere. He is a great athlete. He apparently wants to come to Lincoln, atleast to visit. Why would you not want him?

Do you not remember the Joe daily: Callahan experiment. You don't just recruit great athletes and force it. If he doesn't fit our scheme.... Don't try to force a square peg in a round hole. Just recruiting great athletes doesn't work. Has to fit what you want to do as a team..... This isnt a video game

Do you not remember the Joe daily: Callahan experiment. You don't just recruit great athletes and force it. If he doesn't fit our scheme.... Don't try to force a square peg in a round hole. Just recruiting great athletes doesn't work. Has to fit what you want to do as a team..... This isnt a video game

Exactly! And this kid has a Johnny Manziel personality. He's a PR nightmare waiting to happen. He's not the high character kid you want as the face of your team.

Exactly! And this kid has a Johnny Manziel personality. He's a PR nightmare waiting to happen. He's not the high character kid you want as the face of your team.

What do you base his "Johnny Manziel personality" on? Does he not think there's anything wrong with partying, bro?

In another post you mention you see character issues and immaturity. Can you enlighten? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what makes it okay to paint your picture of this 16/17 year old kid.

Didn't Al Davis and the Radiers draft good athletes and try to build a team around them?