Three players that grabbed your attention at the spring game?

Still no Adam Taylor sitings?

He was 4th team with POB and behind a couple walk ons that saw reps much earlier on.
How'd he look? Well, I guess if he's b/u to walk-ons, that pretty much tells the story.

The feed cut right as he got in. I too drew the same conclusion, though based on who played before him.

Did Ozigbo get some reps? Sounds like Newby and Wilbon stole the show.
He appears to be the most complete running back of the 3.

I felt he earned the starting job for his performance in the UCLA game. Ground and pound, baby.

I think Newby is making his case for starter. He ran with purpose out there and I already know he's a good blocker and smart player. Let's not forget that Newby weighs 200+ lbs as well so he's not going to be a pushover. Regardless, both of them will get carries come fall.

I was a Newby backer up until last year when he showed once and for all that he's soft, can't break a tackle, and therefore can't be any every down back. I doubt that will change much his final year. He's a niche back.

I thought the same thing last year until I read this in the Journal star. I don't remember ever hearing about this during the season. ( He played through injury last season and still rushed for 765 yards (5.2 per attempt). Few folks seem to remember that he rolled his ankle in the third game, at Miami, and never fully recovered.)

Go to 1:16:00 ish area of the Spring game video and watch Mo Barry #18 on that play. Does a great job of getting skinny on contact to avoid the block and explodes into the tackle. The quickness and explosiveness this guy has is off the charts. Huge upside potential there and we all better hope Bray can maximize this guys potential. Really looking forward to this guy stepping up in the future.

He was 4th team with POB and behind a couple walk ons that saw reps much earlier on.
How'd he look? Well, I guess if he's b/u to walk-ons, that pretty much tells the story.

The feed cut right as he got in. I too drew the same conclusion, though based on who played before him.

I felt he earned the starting job for his performance in the UCLA game. Ground and pound, baby.

Yeah....we all know this....but do the people calling the plays?

Seems like they figured it out during the UCLA game. However, I suspect Wilbon will have more to say on the matter.

Tell me there weren't moments toward the end of the UCLA game where you were yelling at the field/TV (don't know if you were there or not) "What the hell are you thinking?" It's like this coaching staff seems determined to snatch defeat from the claws of victory. Yes they seemed to have finally figured out that with a couple of 240 lb stud running backs running against one of the worst running defenses (perhaps because they were also very small) maybe....just maybe....pounding the rock might be the way to go. But then, there we all were, late in the 4th quarter, holding our collective breath as we saw the play calling seem to go south again.

So, I still wonder if the people calling the plays can figure out the fact that Tommie should not be passing 40-50 times a game and the Huskers should be pounding the rock. Riley seems determined to be a .500 coach and he seems determined to find any way possible to do it.

I still don't understand why people are saying that UCLA's d-line was small. I don't remember them being small at all. Someone correct me or refresh my memory please? I know Kenny Clark was a pretty large human being, but I don't remember who else was playing beside him. I thought it was more of a numbers issue for them, not their individual size.

Kalu looked good. Didn't notice any love for him above.

Wilbon's 6 yard hard cutback run (14:20 Q2) would have likely been a loss for the other backs. Cuts like that, or stiff arming/running over players routinely, are talents that separate good from great.

mo bAAAAAAAAAArry (with an A, folks) made some killer plays including a pass breakup on an out that I don't think many LB's would make.

I agree on all these. (I forgot them in my earlier post, but thought thier effort and accomplishments should be acknowledged).

• Fire 1

Seems like they figured it out during the UCLA game. However, I suspect Wilbon will have more to say on the matter.

Tell me there weren't moments toward the end of the UCLA game where you were yelling at the field/TV (don't know if you were there or not) "What the hell are you thinking?" It's like this coaching staff seems determined to snatch defeat from the claws of victory. Yes they seemed to have finally figured out that with a couple of 240 lb stud running backs running against one of the worst running defenses (perhaps because they were also very small) maybe....just maybe....pounding the rock might be the way to go. But then, there we all were, late in the 4th quarter, holding our collective breath as we saw the play calling seem to go south again.

So, I still wonder if the people calling the plays can figure out the fact that Tommie should not be passing 40-50 times a game and the Huskers should be pounding the rock. Riley seems determined to be a .500 coach and he seems determined to find any way possible to do it.

I still don't understand why people are saying that UCLA's d-line was small. I don't remember them being small at all. Someone correct me or refresh my memory please? I know Kenny Clark was a pretty large human being, but I don't remember who else was playing beside him. I thought it was more of a numbers issue for them, not their individual size.

The one person that I heard refer to them as small that I would consider an authority is Jim Mora. And if you look at UCLA's recruiting this year, they certainly addressed that issue.

Yeah i'm sure he spends most of those 16-18 hour days focusing on being exactly .500

Yup, he has made a career out of it.

No one wants to lose, and the "determined to be .500" stuff is discussed in enough posts.

Out of the practice I was impressed with:

1) Armstrong

2) Barry

3) God I hope offensive line?!?!

Defense line seemed to get man handled. Even the 1st team d-line didn't get the push or penetration I would have liked to see. That said, could be the result of good o-line play. Just have to wait until the fall!