S C.J. Smith [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Smith commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 09:45 PM

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Says he is "1000%" committed to Nebraska but won't be signing tomorrow.  His school has a big signing event on the February signing day and he wants to participate in that.

Why doesn't he just sign with Nebraska and then "participate" in the ceremony. The excuses that these kids come up with are worse than the ones my wife comes up with at 10:00 every night.  

• Plus1 9

1 minute ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Why doesn't he just sign with Nebraska and then "participate" in the ceremony. The excuses that these kids come up with are worse than the ones my wife comes up with at 10:00 every night.  

Unless a kid is worried about a school kicking him out of the recruiting class it seems dumb to sign early in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Husker_luver said:

Unless a kid is worried about a school kicking him out of the recruiting class it seems dumb to sign early in my opinion. 

Not if he is truly committed. He might as well say as of now I intend to sign with Nebraska but I am keeping my options open until Feb. I think people would respect that more than saying you are 1000% committed and making up some excuse as to why hes not signing and then signing elsewhere.

• Plus1 1

some (a lot) of you guys need to step back off the ledge and realize what you're saying. If you're going to get this worked up following this stuff then do yourselves a favor and don't follow it. 

Hell even in my college choice I was accepted to Nebraska and put down the deposit to go to UNL in November. I got into Clemson and UConn later on in May after I had already set a date for my orientation for UNL. Toured those two and wound up choosing to go to UConn instead of UNL. You make the best decision for YOU. This is a life altering event for these kids and if you can't get that then I politely suggest just waiting for kids to sign and celebrating that instead.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

some (a lot) of you guys need to step back off the ledge and realize what you're saying. If you're going to get this worked up following this stuff then do yourselves a favor and don't follow it. 

Hell even in my college choice I was accepted to Nebraska and put down the deposit to go to UNL in November. I got into Clemson and UConn later on in May after I had already set a date for my orientation for UNL. Toured those two and wound up choosing to go to UConn instead of UNL. You make the best decision for YOU. This is a life altering event for these kids and if you can't get that then I politely suggest just waiting for kids to sign and celebrating that instead.

Nobody is mad. Nobody is worked up. What I said is 100% true. We have seen this before and we know how it ends. I know its a tough decision which is why I said yesterday I wish these players would use a different wording than "committed". Something along the lines of "at this time Id like -insert school- to save my scholarship for me." 

The players that are truly committed to playing for Nebraska will be signing tom. Jurgens, Wildeman, Alston, etc. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Frott Scost said:

Nobody is mad. Nobody is worked up. What I said is 100% true. We have seen this before and we know how it ends. I know its a tough decision which is why I said yesterday I wish these players would use a different wording than "committed". Something along the lines of "at this time Id like -insert school- to save my scholarship for me." 

The players that are truly committed to playing for Nebraska will be signing tom. Jurgens, Wildeman, Alston, etc. 

I know its posted in here but its not just about whats being said in here too. Take a look at the Woodyard thread. Its insane.