Unofficial visits

Dumb question here..

When can you start taking unofficial visits and can you take them at the spring game?

Edit: Sorry, misread the post; I thought you were asking about the official visit restrictions.

An unofficial visit can occur at any time based on the recruits initiative.

Rule for official visits right now is that you can't take an official until the day you start your senior rule. It's a silly and arbitrary rule.

That said, kind of like satellite camps, there's a question as to whether early visits actually pay the best dividends in the end. Coaches have talked about the importance of a game day experience. OThers like to secure that visit close to signing day.

If we'd get rid of signing day, then I think there's a lot more sense in bringing in a kid super early.

You're allowed to take unofficial visits at any time because the family is responsible to pay for all expenses involved with the trip. The university can't help with any costs that are included in an unofficial visit. However, as of right now, recruits aren't allowed to take an official visit until the fall semester of their senior year begins. This is being looked into heavily though by the NCAA and with the satellite camps being banned, I would bet that soon they will allow recruits to take official visits starting the spring semester of their Junior years.

Dumb question here..

When can you start taking unofficial visits and can you take them at the spring game?

Ill throw it out there.. I have a boy going into 9th grade next year. Plays RT and DE. Could he start taking unofficial visits next summer. I want to start taking him to all the Local schools and try to get out to the out of state schools he may like as well as hitting a few camps. Just wasn't sure how early is to early.

Yeah, he can check out campuses whenever he likes. But if he's not being recruited yet, he likely won't get tours or tickets or anything like that.

Not to much worried about that yet. Was just wondering when he could start. We are in such a small market we will have to do most of the getting him exposed process any way.

Yeah, he can check out campuses whenever he likes. But if he's not being recruited yet, he likely won't get tours or tickets or anything like that.

Not to much worried about that yet. Was just wondering when he could start. We are in such a small market we will have to do most of the getting him exposed process any way.

There are some pretty decent sites that can help with that. I've actually bandied around an idea about how to help kids who may not be DIA prospects some more connections/exposures. I have some buddies who are in CFB coaching who may have thoughts, too. Where are you located? Texas, right? I'll shoot you a PM if there's some contact info that may be useful based on your region.

There are some pretty decent sites that can help with that. I've actually bandied around an idea about how to help kids who may not be DIA prospects some more connections/exposures. I have some buddies who are in CFB coaching who may have thoughts, too. Where are you located? Texas, right? I'll shoot you a PM if there's some contact info that may be useful based on your region.

Baytown right outside of Houston.