2016 Alternate Uniforms

I know replica jerseys get a bad rap around here, but do you guys think there's any chance they sell #27 jerseys of the alternates, or even the regular jerseys for that matter, with proceeds going to the scholarship fund?

Probably not, with the mandate that only the #1 and # of the year can be sold now.

Again, thanks Sam Keller.

• Fire 1

I know replica jerseys get a bad rap around here, but do you guys think there's any chance they sell #27 jerseys of the alternates, or even the regular jerseys for that matter, with proceeds going to the scholarship fund?

Probably not, with the mandate that only the #1 and # of the year can be sold now.

Thanks NCAA for exploiting billions off of amateur athlete name/likeness for years and years and years.

Thanks NCAA for exploiting billions off of amateur athlete name/likeness for years and years and years.

Honestly, wah. It happens everywhere where people get compensated poorly comparably to what they contribute. These kids get free college, stipends, clothes, and outlets to jobs after school that go far beyond what workers who make McDonald's or other places run do yet get nothing close in return.
  • Fire 2

And if it's fine for the NCAA to make mean profits, it's fine for Sam Keller to attach his name to a lawsuit to make money.

Sure it is.

But the dillhole is responsible for killing college football video games, so he can suck a toe.

No he's not

We had this argument like 3 years ago, theres a thread around here somewhere.

I know that Nebraska and Ohio State do that, along with a handful of other teams. But I'm pretty sure it's not actually a "mandate", so much as a "we better cover our butts so we don't get sued" sort of thing adopted by each school.

I do know that Nebraska does it; but this a bit of a different circumstance. If they're actually putting a portion of sale into the scholarship fund, sure it's profiting off of his likeness. But it's for the scholarship.

EDIT: For example, A&M sells #12 for the 12th Man and Northwestern sells #51 for Pat Fitzgerald.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11036531/three-colleges-stop-selling-jerseys-numbers-star-players

Perusing other schools' official stores, there still seems to be a lot of schools still selling player numbers. So, we could definitely do it this year with #27. Lord knows there's going to be a ton of other merch with his name and/or number.

This isn't the thread for the "poor players getting abused by the NCAA" argument. Go start a thread if you wanna argue about that.

My apologies for starting the train down the wrong track. I just assumed everyone was privy to the rules, or at least would think other people are.

I was simply raising the idea of having the alternates sold in #27, which I think would be pretty alright. Donate some of the sales to the family or the scholarship, it's a great plan.

• Fire 2