The Artist Formerly Known as alive

I'm not even a Justin Timberlake fan, but I really dug what he had to say:

justintimberlakeIt was Raspberry Beret. I was 4 years old. Yes, 4. I remember that I instantly loved it. "Mommy, who is that singing?" Seems weird but it's true.

More than a "once in a lifetime" artist... Just a ONCE IN FOREVER ARTIST. I'm still in shock as I write this and I feel this overwhelming grief. But, we should all turn away from that and HONOR this musician that changed all of our lives, our perspectives, our feeling, our whole being. From another planet? Probably. Royalty, for sure. Us worthy..? Laughable.

They say don't meet your idols... That they let you down. But, some of my greatest, funniest (yes, he was hilarious), and most prolific encounters and conversations about music came from the moments that I spent with him. It would be silly to say that he has inspired our music... It's beyond that. He's somewhere within every song I've ever written.

I am sad, but I will smile when I think of every second that I had the fortune of being in his company. We have lost our greatest living musician. But his music will never die.
Prince, NOTHING COMPARES...
#RIPPrince

One year during our high school's 'Spirit Week', one of the daily themes was 'Punk Day'. In my infinite wisdom, I allowed my sister to give me a makeover for that day: hair moussed over to one side, rogue, and eyeliner. Right away somebody at school said I looked like prince. So for almost a year afterwards, when I'm walking down the hallways, one of my "friends" would start singing, "little red corvette"

One year during our high school's 'Spirit Week', one of the daily themes was 'Punk Day'. In my infinite wisdom, I allowed my sister to give me a makeover for that day: hair moussed over to one side, rogue, and eyeliner. Right away somebody at school said I looked like prince. So for almost a year afterwards, when I'm walking down the hallways, one of my "friends" would start singing, "little red corvette"

I can't get that song out of my head, only "Little Red Casket".

Is that why your icon thing is a red casket?

Used to listen to the Purple Rain album on infinite repeat. Sitting next to that big early 90s Magnovox 5-disc CD changer with headphones on for hours.

The revolving CD changer was so much better than the 6 or 12 disc cartridges that others had. It was especially great when you could change a disc while still playing one.

I love CDs, and wish they never went out of favor.