Target, Bathrooms, & a PC culture

I am ashamed at how totally and completely f'd up this country is right now. Like him or not (and I don't) it is fully understandable how a guy like Trump can be in the position he is. People are fed up with ridiculous PC crap like this. And if you don't believe PC is a real thing and don't like to see things blamed on it, come on in here and make a fool of yourself rationalizing this moronic BS. I mean if it's good enough for the general public at Target, surely it's good enough for our young daughters in school. Right? Please show us the way oh wise ones who were supporting this crap in the previous posts.

• Fire 1

Reminds me of the Abel dorm down at UNL. We didn't need no stinking' bathroom designations! We went where we wanted! And sometime that was in the hallway...

On a sidenote, I wonder how access to Sandoz Dorm would be handled? If I recall correctly, back in the day there were restrictions for males after a certain time each evening. Is this still a thing?

I am ashamed at how totally and completely f'd up this country is right now. Like him or not (and I don't) it is fully understandable how a guy like Trump can be in the position he is. People are fed up with ridiculous PC crap like this. And if you don't believe PC is a real thing and don't like to see things blamed on it, come on in here and make a fool of yourself rationalizing this moronic BS. I mean if it's good enough for the general public at Target, surely it's good enough for our young daughters in school. Right? Please show us the way oh wise ones who were supporting this crap in the previous posts. Pathetic.

Strangely/Against all logic, I believe Trump supports transgender bathroom access.

I am ashamed at how totally and completely f'd up this country is right now. Like him or not (and I don't) it is fully understandable how a guy like Trump can be in the position he is. People are fed up with ridiculous PC crap like this. And if you don't believe PC is a real thing and don't like to see things blamed on it, come on in here and make a fool of yourself rationalizing this moronic BS. I mean if it's good enough for the general public at Target, surely it's good enough for our young daughters in school. Right? Please show us the way oh wise ones who were supporting this crap in the previous posts. Pathetic.

Strangely/Against all logic, I believe Trump supports transgender bathroom access.

You may be right. I was referring more to the general thought process than any position on this specific issue. People will lash out in odd ways when their values and beliefs start getting ignored and abused.

Reminds me of the Abel dorm down at UNL. We didn't need no stinking' bathroom designations! We went where we wanted! And sometime that was in the hallway...

On a sidenote, I wonder how access to Sandoz Dorm would be handled? If I recall correctly, back in the day there were restrictions for males after a certain time each evening. Is this still a thing?

As of this upcoming year, Housing will be striking all mention of "opposite sex" guest restrictions. You can have anyone over at any time you want. Why should the gays get to have sleep overs but not the heterosexuals?! (Sorry if that was crude lol)

There are people who really truly believe and feel they are trans species. As an example, one might believe they are actually a cat. Are they to be taken seriously? Should society make accommodations for them, say install litter boxes for them in public restrooms? Or do we need to wait a couple more years until the progressive movement pushes this also into the mainstream? Seriously, how is this different? Or is it not different. I know what I think about it but I am really curious how somebody who feels different than me looks at it. Can somebody explain it to me?

http://louderwithcrowder.com/new-reality-woman-claims-she-was-born-a-cat/#.VzVVIZ9MGBY

A proposition is generally considered objectively true (to have objective truth) when its truth conditions are met without biases caused by feelings, ideas, opinions, etc., of a sentient subject. Is this just not a thing anymore?

Seriously people.

At what point, at Memorial Stadium, does a large segment of women decide to spontaneously and temporarily re-designate themselves as male to take advantage of shorter bathroom lines? Those women's restroom lines are a mess! The men's line moves much faster.

There may be only thing protecting us now. Thank god for urinals. But do we lose those at some point too!?!?

Seriously people.

At what point, at Memorial Stadium, does a large segment of women decide to spontaneously and temporarily re-designate themselves as male to take advantage of shorter bathroom lines? Those women's restroom lines are a mess! The men's line moves much faster.

There may be only thing protecting us now. Thank god for urinals. But do we lose those at some point too!?!?

I know you are trying to be funny, and it actually was a successful attempt.

However, this is legitimately the dumbest most profound "decree" I've ever heard.

I was actually starting to think it'd be a good thing if Obama was elected for a third term. After this, he's back in the dumpster, never to be revisited again.

• Fire 1

Seriously people.

I know you are trying to be funny, and it actually was a successful attempt.

However, this is legitimately the dumbest most profound "decree" I've ever heard.

I was actually starting to think it'd be a good thing if Obama was elected for a third term. After this, he's back in the dumpster, never to be revisited again.

In all seriousness, while I was trying to be funny, I'm also illustrating that with every law, there is a trickle down of unintended consequences.

Even those who fully support a law might just find themselves regretting aspects of the law one day. Even with laws that have the best intentions.

• Fire 1

Near as I can tell we're surrounded by stupidity. On one side you have people like those in North Caroline who think nothing of passing blatantly discriminatory laws and on the other you have people who have abandoned reality and decided whatever they "feel" is the truth and needs to be accepted and accommodated for. Why does it seem the least represented group is those who are not bigots and who are reasonable, sane and acknowledge the existence of fact and truth. Sometimes feels like there are only handful of us left, wasting our time trying to explain to the Emperor that he has no clothes.

• Fire 2

Gender IS a societal construct. Sex is not. There are things men do better than women and vice versa and they are different. But men aren't born to wear pants and like blue and play with trucks and women aren't born to wear dresses and make up and like pink and play with dolls. Which is why I don't understand gender reassignment surgeries. I think people have the surgeries due to societal expectations and what society tells them they should be like if they're born with certain genitalia. I think what most transgendered people are fighting against, maybe without realizing it, is societal norms. Not the actual biological sex they were born with.

*note: I did not watch the videos yet :)