The General Election

Not sure what to make of this story, but Trump has spent $0 in advertising thus far. Even Johnson and Stein have spent more, and of course the candidate of big donors Hillary has spent far more. I personally think it's a strategic mistake by the Trump campaign as they need to frame/define this election NOW and then follow through in September in October with that message.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Why spend millions on advertising when he really doesn't even want to win. When you are doing everything you can to lose the election, why go spend dollars trying to convince people to vote for you?

How does campaign funding work, anyhow? I mean I know Trump can't go spend it on a new yacht. But if he doesn't spend it, where does it go? Back to the GOP pool? Toward, God forbid, his future campaigns?

This is a really good question. We know that he's raising money and I'm sure it costs money to pay his staff. But he isn't spending money on advertising, where is it going? Maybe they're hoarding it for the final 30 days leading up to the election.

This was too long for a tweetstorm, but very well put: http://www.vox.com/2016/8/9/12417100/donald-trump-assassinate-hillary-clinton-joke

There's about 30 parts to it. I'll try to pick two to grasp the gist:

It's funny how well Trump diehards have caught on. Offer up something terrible or flimsy, and duck behind the shield of sarcasm/joking banter. It's the same thing their candidate does. The argument above deftly cuts away at these efforts.

And not to speak for dudeguyy here, but I know he has substance behind his thoughts on Pence. He means it, and Pence's political leanings and background are likely the reason why.

This was too long for a tweetstorm, but very well put: http://www.vox.com/2016/8/9/12417100/donald-trump-assassinate-hillary-clinton-joke

https://twitter.com/5thCircAppeals/status/763105256615981056

https://twitter.com/5thCircAppeals/status/763109180555210753

It's funny how well Trump diehards have caught on. Offer up something terrible or flimsy, and duck behind the shield of sarcasm/joking banter. It's the same thing their candidate does. The argument above deftly cuts away at these efforts.

And not to speak for dudeguyy here, but I know he has substance behind his thoughts on Pence. He means it, and Pence's political leanings and background are likely the reason why.

Its funny watching BRB bash anyone who points out something that goes against Hillary or Obama because he thinks all republicans have been taken over by right wing media, yet stays silent when people like zoogs and others continue to post from leftist outlets like vox, salon, huff post and more.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/father-orlando-nightclub-shooter-attends-hillary-clinton-rally-134414328--abc-news-topstories.html

Circulating on websites today - You'd think the Clinton campaign would have screed the people a bit better chuckleshuffle sitting behind her.

Probably the biggest non issue yet. It's an open door evenr. The father is not his son, and he cannot be held responsible for the choices of another grown man. I'm sure he did all he could to try to send his son down the right path during his up bringing.

It's funny, I was thinking at the gym this morning as I was watching the news that if this guy had been front row at a Trump rally they (Fox and all its zombie followers) would be speculating that "Crooked Hillary" paid the guy off to go and get on camera so that the dems would have another issue to corner Trump on.

I've said this before, and it bears repeating (often). The danger is not really Trump, because Trump doesn't want to be president.

The danger is the Trumpish normalization of totalitarianism.

It's utterly bizarre that the very people who rail on about big government will vote for Trump's ideals of total government control.

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

• Fire 1

I've said this before, and it bears repeating (often). The danger is not really Trump, because Trump doesn't want to be president.

It's utterly bizarre that the very people who rail on about big government will vote for Trump's ideals of total government control.

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

I like this Caroline O.

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

Yes that is what got the hair on the back of my neck to stand up long ago- his 'solutions' revolve around unconstitutional, authoritarian actions.

https://twitter.com/5thCircAppeals/status/763105256615981056

https://twitter.com/5thCircAppeals/status/763109180555210753

Its funny watching BRB bash anyone who points out something that goes against Hillary or Obama because he thinks all republicans have been taken over by right wing media, yet stays silent when people like zoogs and others continue to post from leftist outlets like vox, salon, huff post and more.

I'm glad you find humor. I always pride myself on being hilariously funny. I'm sure that's what made my wife fall in love with me.

I may have a hard time explaining this perfectly so please bear with me.

First of all, I don't think I have railed against any poster on here for specifically posting from any site no matter if it's Fox, Brietbart, Vox, Huffpo....etc. If I have, please remind me where.

What I HAVE spoke out against is the brain washing of the conservative masses that OMG.....Fox is the only network that tells the truth...etc....when they have been proven over and over again to be so slanted that they can't be trusted. THEY will tell me stuff the others are scared to talk about...bla bla bla....Have I heard this on this baord? Don't think so quite that specific. But, in real life, I know many many people who constantly say that and then they will go into rants about Obama being a Muslim, Hillary should be locked up, Obama supports terrorism....etc.

Maybe it's because of the crowd I hang with being in central Nebraska. But, even though I am friends with some very liberal people, I don't sit around and hear absolutely crazy crap that is completely made up and false like I do when I sit around with conservative friends.

I know Facebook is cesspool of crap. But, let me use it as an example. On Facebook, I am friends with some people who are both pretty liberal and conservative. I have had to completely unfollow some of my good friends who are conservative because of the total crap they post politically. These articles they post are obviously totally made up political propaganda and they eat this crap up. It's like they wake up and the first thing they do is get on their phones to see what extreme article they can read about those evil liberals who are out to destroy America and take away our guns. I literally don't see any of that from my liberal friends. None....

So....yes....I do believe the conservative movement has been taken over by extreme forms of media that is moving conservatism into a very very bad direction.

Now, if you want to post an article from conservative sites, feel free. I may very well read it just like I read articles from Vox and Huffpo. I will then read them with a very critical eye.

• Fire 4

Bril,

There is another element to this that is personal. I personally feel I have lost my father to this crap. My father used to be an amazingly mentally strong, independent and smart man. He did things in his life that I can only dream of doing. What is he now? He's 82 years old and spends his day consuming this crap. He has gone from being an independent thinker to a drone that believes everything this crap media spews. It's anywhere from Fox News, Conservative radio, emails, online videos....total crap.

And, he isn't the only one I know that does this.

I have said many times that the media in this country is much more dangerous than any one person in Washington...(Well, I might need to rethink that with the possibility of Trump in the Whitehouse.)

This media issue is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. The only way it's going to change is if the American public stands up and revolts against the propaganda crap that is put out.

• Fire 4

Well said, BRB. I don't know that there's an easy solution. As one might expect, media companies have got consumer engagement down to a science; they know how to get and entrench reach. And

, it doesn't tend to be through nuanced, independent investigative journalism.

First, I think stronger education levels might alleviate things, but I don't know how far that goes. Encouraged geographical mobility, maybe -- though I don't know the best way to accomplish that -- because experiencing the nation's diversity firsthand seems almost necessary to fully understanding it. More integrated communities, so that our lenses are more shared and less distilled in echo chambers. I think all these things would be nice, but we don't live in a world of unlimited resources, either.

On the media side, I don't see an option better than public ones. More or less, it's fighting a battle against our natures, which is to be susceptible to crank. It's not clear the battle can ever be decisively won.

We have the freedom of the press which is extremely important to our country.

However, it used to be that we would sit down for an hour in the evening and watch the evening news on one of three networks and read the daily paper. Reporters had time to actually investigate and make sure what they are reporting (to the best of their ability) is true.

It was much more of a here's the facts, type of reporting.

Now days, you have specific "news" outlets whose complete business model is to feed you with as much crap that it makes you angry and coming back for more. The angrier they make you, the more money they make. Think about that for a minute. It no longer matters if it is actually true or not. There used to be huge editorial staffs that would read and mull over articles to make sure it is fit to be released. Now days, could start up a web site, write an article saying whatever I want it to say and there is no one who is going to stop me...but....hey....people will believe it.

This is why this revolt HAS to come from the public.

Also, it means absolutely nothing for Conservatives to sit back and bitch about MSNBC while defending and listening to Fox. It does nothing for Liberals to sit and bitch about Fox while listening to MSNBC.

What has to happen is liberals revolting against MSNBC and conservatives revolting against Fox. That is when these networks will stop and take notice.

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

Yes that is what got the hair on the back of my neck to stand up long ago- his 'solutions' revolve around unconstitutional, authoritarian actions.

Like tearing down the unconstitutional and over-reaching policies of the Obama admin? Bringing power back to the states? Reducing taxes and government spending, corruption, and wasteful spending dramatically? Auditing the federal agencies? Supporting law enforcement? Actually taking action instead of using political rhetoric to dance around issues?

It's more alarming that in the times that we're in currently of extreme government corruption and wasteful spending that ought to be extremely apparent to everyone, especially with the establishment's resistance to DJT that ordinary people pile on to the horsesh*t that's spewed on a daily basis by liberal media and liberal politicians.

If you don't like Trump, whatever, that's fine. Vote for Johnson.

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

Like tearing down the unconstitutional and over-reaching policies of the Obama admin? Bringing power back to the states? Reducing taxes and government spending, corruption, and wasteful spending dramatically? Auditing the federal agencies? Supporting law enforcement? Actually taking action instead of using political rhetoric to dance around issues?

It's more alarming that in the times that we're in currently of extreme government corruption and wasteful spending that ought to be extremely apparent to everyone, especially with the establishment's resistance to DJT that ordinary people pile on to the horsesh*t that's spewed on a daily basis by liberal media and liberal politicians.

It's extremely difficult to get through to those issues when he almost daily says and does things that are alarming and disturbing.

If he is such a brilliant man, then why doesn't he simply stick to talking about these issues instead of saying things that take the headlines away from the issues?

If you don't find the things he has said disturbing, then you have issues.

• Fire 2

tsr3jWN.jpg

WK0klj1.jpg

oZrLmTM.jpg

rR2Q0Yd.jpg

It's extremely difficult to get through to those issues when he almost daily says and does things that are alarming and disturbing.

If he is such a brilliant man, then why doesn't he simply stick to talking about these issues instead of saying things that take the headlines away from the issues?

If you don't find the things he has said disturbing, then you have issues.

What's more, the only time we seem to hear from Trump and his surrogates that we DO need to focus on the serious issues facing the country is when they're embroiled in another one of these self-induced fiascoes and desperately trying to force the train back onto its tracks.

I WOULD like to talk about the issues. Trump is the one that keeps veering off course.

• Fire 4