The General Election

Trump supporters of Huskerboard, how is that Powerful Black Outreach Tour Extravaganza 2016 going?

To a question submitted by Bishop Jackson about whether his campaign is racist, the script suggests that Mr. Trump avoid repeating the word, and instead speak about improving education and getting people off welfare and back to work. “The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding,” Mr. Trump is advised to say. “Coming into a community is meaningless unless we offer an alternative to the horrible progressive agenda that has perpetuated a permanent underclass in America.”
To the first question, “Are you a Christian and do you believe the Bible is an inspired word of God?” the scriptwriters have a response they hope will keep Mr. Trump from repeating previous stumbles when asked about his faith.
“As I went through my life, things got busy with business, but my family kept me grounded to the truth and the word of God,” the script has Mr. Trump saying. “I treasure my relationship with my family, and through them, I have a strong faith enriched by an ever-wonderful God."

I'll tell you how it's going.

Completely scripted and totally insincere.

Does the red sound like stuff Donald Trump would say spontaneous and genuinely to anyone? If so you may want to get your head checked.

Trump supporters of Huskerboard, how is that Powerful Black Outreach Tour Extravaganza 2016 going?

To a question submitted by Bishop Jackson about whether his campaign is racist, the script suggests that Mr. Trump avoid repeating the word, and instead speak about improving education and getting people off welfare and back to work. “The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding,” Mr. Trump is advised to say. “Coming into a community is meaningless unless we offer an alternative to the horrible progressive agenda that has perpetuated a permanent underclass in America.”
To the first question, “Are you a Christian and do you believe the Bible is an inspired word of God?” the scriptwriters have a response they hope will keep Mr. Trump from repeating previous stumbles when asked about his faith.
“As I went through my life, things got busy with business, but my family kept me grounded to the truth and the word of God,” the script has Mr. Trump saying. “I treasure my relationship with my family, and through them, I have a strong faith enriched by an ever-wonderful God."

Does the red sound like stuff Donald Trump would say spontaneous and genuinely to anyone? If so you may want to get your head checked.

Do you think Hillary is scripted?

Obama has spoken an unscripted line in about 8 years. He is not a good speaker but he reads the teleprompter fairly well.

Hillary chooses each and every weasel word carefully but still gets caught in bald faced lies every time she answers a question. That's why she's afraid to take a question and has not answered a single unscripted question truthfully in about a year. LOL And she's running for President. Good grief! Why would anybody vote for that evil woman.?

Trump has been criticized by so many for speaking off the cuff and has been answering questions and giving totally unscripted speaches and campaigning all over the country for a year! No other candidate has done this in a race for President in a half century. Attempting to complain because Trump actually plans what he says and then says it is pretty much silly.

Obama has spoken an unscripted line in about 8 years. He is not a good speaker but he reads the teleprompter fairly well.

Hillary chooses each and every weasel word carefully but still gets caught in bald faced lies every time she answers a question. That's why she's afraid to take a question and has not answered a single unscripted question truthfully in about a year. LOL And she's running for President. Good grief! Why would anybody vote for that evil woman.?

Trump has been criticized by so many for speaking off the cuff and has been answering questions and giving totally unscripted speaches and campaigning all over the country for a year! No other candidate has done this in a race for President in a half century. Attempting to complain because Trump actually plans what he says and then says it is pretty much silly.

Yep, they are all scripted!

A lot of folks put their birth year in their screen name.

I'm really hoping Huskerfan2000 is 16 years old.

What is the point of this post? I am 47 years old, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you need to make it personal!

When I disagree, I make a comment about the post, some of those that are not happy with how I post actually make comments that degrade the poster.. ironic if you ask me.

Sorry. I'm just genuinely vexed and disappointed by the number of Americans who don't see through Donald Trump and/or discredited conservative bromides.

Always hoping they're not old enough to vote.

• Fire 1

A lot of folks put their birth year in their screen name.

I'm really hoping Huskerfan2000 is 16 years old.

What is the point of this post? I am 47 years old, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you need to make it personal!

When I disagree, I make a comment about the post, some of those that are not happy with how I post actually make comments that degrade the poster.. ironic if you ask me.

Sorry. I'm just genuinely vexed and disappointed by the number of Americans who don't see through Donald Trump and/or discredited conservative bromides.

Always hoping they're not old enough to vote.

No problem.. and I won't be voting for Trump.. I just hate Hillary more, so I bag on her the most. It is also mind boggling how anyone would vote for that woman... IMPO

I think most politicians are.

I also think Trump is a filthy hypocrite for railing against that only to flip flop now that he's losing badly and he knows his only prayer to win is to be a puppet and a mouthpiece for other people.

I also think Trump is a filthy hypocrite for railing against that only to flip flop now that he's losing badly and he knows his only prayer to win is to be a puppet and a mouthpiece for other people.

Seriously? ALL of them do this! This isn't your first rodeo, right? Then I am sure you know they all LIE and say whatever they have to to get votes.

So, why is this all of a sudden an issue?

Some think Trump is doing much better.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c00cf76f-7a52-31e9-97a5-6aeb31ecb4f6/novak%3A-trump-scored-a-one-two.html

I sure wish we would hear more about Johnson and less about these two. I honestly don't think Gary cares about winning because it seems he isn't even trying.

This election sucks.. I may end up not voting at all.

Seriously? ALL of them do this! This isn't your first rodeo, right? Then I am sure you know they all LIE and say whatever they have to to get votes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c00cf76f-7a52-31e9-97a5-6aeb31ecb4f6/novak%3A-trump-scored-a-one-two.html

I sure wish we would hear more about Johnson and less about these two. I honestly don't think Gary cares about winning because it seems he isn't even trying.

His immigration speech was terrible and more pandering to the worst instincts of his base. He doubled down on every awful, demagogic impulse he promised before, and completely neutered any attempt on people who know politics better than him to reach out and expand into Hispanic America. I know that, because if he didn't neuter it, he wouldn't have prominent Hispanic surrogates who wanted to believe in him and gave him a chance resign immediately after that speech.

It's disgusting to me that he trots Angel Moms up on stage to demonize a large group of people and try to squeeze votes out of it.

Of course Johnson's trying. Life is just hard as a third party candidate. Libertarians don't represent a large enough slice of America to set the world on fire. He earned 1% of the vote in 2012. He admits full stop that if he doesn't got on the debate stage, it's game over. And he's probably not going to make it.

His immigration speech was terrible and more pandering to the worst instincts of his base. He doubled down on every awful, demagogic impulse he promised before, and completely neutered any attempt on people who know politics better than him to reach out and expand into Hispanic America. I know that, because if he didn't neuter it, he wouldn't have prominent Hispanic surrogates who wanted to believe in him and gave him a chance resign immediately after that speech.

It's disgusting to me that he trots Angel Moms up on stage to demonize a large group of people and try to squeeze votes out of it.

Of course Johnson's trying. Life is just hard as a third party candidate. Libertarians don't represent a large enough slice of America to set the world on fire. He earned 1% of the vote in 2012. He admits full stop that if he doesn't got on the debate stage, it's game over. And he's probably not going to make it.

Wow, spoken like a true Hillary supporter. First off, I don't want to hear anything about the Angel Moms when the media spent non-stop time covering the Khans after the DNC (and before Trump took on the Khans). They deserve just as much if not more airtime than the Khans received yet there is little coverage of them.

Now, as for immigration policy, do you approve of illegals coming across the border with no repercussion? If so please explain why you feel this is a fair policy when we have a legal immigration policy that many good people are following? Do you approve of illegals who have committed a crime from getting to stay in this country? And do you approve of hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees from entering the country even if we do not have any background information on them?

One thing that the far left outlets seem to be missing from Trumps immigration speech is that he actually softened his stance on deportation for those illegals who have not committed a crime, but his tough talk seem to blow their minds to the point they could not pick up on this point. If you go back and listen to the speech, he said that once all other points in his plan are covered, the idea of allowing these illegals to work to a path of citizenship would be entertained.

The Heritage Foundation? Are you kidding?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/heritage-foundation

"The Heritage Foundation will continue to be a key element in the phalanx of rightist groups with an agenda of austerity for the poor, hostility to minorities and women, upward distribution of wealth for the rich, economic domination of the Third World, with repression and bloodletting for those who rebel."

You complain about people using skewed facts, but you use Heritage.org as a source of information.

You can't write comedy like this. You just can't.

how about usnews.. is that a rightist group?

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-intelligence/2013/08/27/regulations-cost-the-us-economy-trillions-of-dollars

Business insider?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ridiculous-regulations-big-government-2010-11

USA Today?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/05/02/economy-washington-congress-column/2124083/

Forbes?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoodman/2013/03/29/regulations-are-very-expensive-but-their-economic-value-is-negative/#2311c6b111a4

What site would you believe? Let me guess, a liberal site that pushes more regulations?

I'm not going to comment on the content of these pieces because I don't have time to read them but I want to say this. All four of them are opinion pieces. Three of them clearly labelled as such and the fourth is a repost from some guys blog. These articles aren't necessary factual but are an expression of the writer's personal views.

• Fire 3

Wow, spoken like a true Hillary supporter.

I wear that as a badge of honor. Or, at least, a badge that allows me to sleep at night.

First off, I don't want to hear anything about the Angel Moms when the media spent non-stop time covering the Khans after the DNC (and before Trump took on the Khans). They deserve just as much if not more airtime than the Khans received yet there is little coverage of them.

Incorrect. Mr. Khan, of his own volition (not paid and/or having his speech written by the Clinton campaign, despite whatever Fox News is pushing), chose to deride the ONE individual who decided to pigeonhole his religion (and the religion of millions more Americans, just as American as you or me) as that of an unsafe "other" that should be kept as far away from America as possible for our own safety.

Khan went after Trump and challenged him on the basis of his knowledge of the Constitution. Predictably, Trump threw a hissy fit and made a ridiculous, ignorant statement about Khan's treatment of his wife (who was silent because she was GRIEVING), and suggested Khan didn't have the right to challenge him in such a way. Ironically, the First Amendment of the Constitution guarantees him that very right. Either Khan was right, or Trump is an idiot. Or both.

Trump trotted Angel Moms out onstage to try to once again pigeonhole and broad brush another group of brown people (undocumented immigrants) as a murderous, dangerous group we need protected from. Once again, facts do not back up this portrayal of illegals; they indicate the opposite-- they're MORE law-abiding than American citizens.

One man went after an entire religion of folks as dangerous, anti-American, and out to get us.

One man went went after the first man for attacking his religion and making arguably un-Constitutional assertions.

Do you see the difference?

Now, as for immigration policy, do you approve of illegals coming across the border with no repercussion? If so please explain why you feel this is a fair policy when we have a legal immigration policy that many good people are following?

I'd rather we have people go through the proper channels. But I grew up around a lot of illegals, and-- I know this will strike some as weird, but stick with me-- I just thought of them as PEOPLE. Not dangerous criminals. Not lawbreaking threats to our way of life. PEOPLE. And mostly damn good people, at that.

So, from a human perspective, I'm not going to crap on an individual or individual(s) who migrate here from Mexico to try to live the American dream and make a better life for themselves. Especially when so much of Mexico is a cartel-infested s***hole. The empathetic being in me wants people to get away from that.

Why do they have any less right to a decent life than I do? Because I was lucky enough to be born here? This doesn't make sense to me, and never will.

Do you approve of illegals who have committed a crime from getting to stay in this country?

No. I don't approve of anyone committing a crime. That has not been my experience with the undocumented folks I know. They just wanted to live their life peacefully, like anyone else.

And do you approve of hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees from entering the country even if we do not have any background information on them?

You should probably take a look at Landlord's post #84 from the "Hillary: If you don't believe..." thread.

That's one of the more blatant lies Trump uses to prop up his ridiculous hardline Muslim ban. Besides, we only just crossed the 10K barrier a couple of days ago. And, yes, I actually do. I don't live in fear of Syrian refugees, and I trust our government to vet them with that nifty process Landlord pointed out. No system is perfect, you can never catch 100% of bad actors (despite Trump and Republicans acting like Obama is too stupid to find the "oh so easy" solution), but no I don't fear that. And they're caught in a war zone and being subjected to chemical gassing right now.

The human being and Christian in me wants us to help them. I know that makes me a horrible person. I'm sorry.

One thing that the far left outlets seem to be missing from Trumps immigration speech is that he actually softened his stance on deportation for those illegals who have not committed a crime, but his tough talk seem to blow their minds to the point they could not pick up on this point. If you go back and listen to the speech, he said that once all other points in his plan are covered, the idea of allowing these illegals to work to a path of citizenship would be entertained.

He also said that he was forming a deportation force and that they were ALL going to be deported.

The only one saying Trump is softening his stance are Trump and his sycophants now. The media writ large stopped after that speech.

• Fire 4