The General Election

Here is a great read that I would recommend for anyone interested in the general election, even those that think Trump is a dope. It comes from his son-in-law who is not a super-partisan guy and has worked for Cory Booker's campaign in the past (who is supposed to be on Hillary's short list). For me this is a common theme I have heard about Trump, that those that know the real guy behind the scenes think he's a great guy, and the more you get to know him the more you will like him. Now most of us will never get to know him so we are simply left with what we see on television and via social media.

http://observer.com/2016/07/jared-kushner-the-donald-trump-i-know/

Something I have learned about people like Trump and Hillary.

The people around them do tend to like them. Here's why:

Those people are the ones they have allowed in to their inner circle. AND, those people tend to be people who are attracted to those type of people. Also, once inside that inner circle, they know how to stroke them(Trump or Hillary) so that they are allowed to stay in that inner circle.

That doesn't mean in general they aren't complete jackasses.

There isn't one horrendously horrible leader throughout history that didn't have a group of people around him/her that didn't think they were just great.

This is no different than Trump claiming he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Both statements are total BS and only put out there to get ignorant people all excited to vote for them.

I mostly agree. I think Sanders actually meant it but I never thought he's get it passed (and Clinton won't really try). What I don't agree on is how I'd feel about these things if they actually happened. That makes them different. The wall combined with everything else he says makes it hard to believe he's not racist and sexist.

Moiraine, enjoy reading your comments here and there but I would like to refer you to the last election where Hilary was at the front of the line regarding racial remarks and innuendos. She is not without stain upon her hands!

Here is a great read that I would recommend for anyone interested in the general election, even those that think Trump is a dope. It comes from his son-in-law who is not a super-partisan guy and has worked for Cory Booker's campaign in the past (who is supposed to be on Hillary's short list). For me this is a common theme I have heard about Trump, that those that know the real guy behind the scenes think he's a great guy, and the more you get to know him the more you will like him. Now most of us will never get to know him so we are simply left with what we see on television and via social media.

Those people are the ones they have allowed in to their inner circle. AND, those people tend to be people who are attracted to those type of people. Also, once inside that inner circle, they know how to stroke them(Trump or Hillary) so that they are allowed to stay in that inner circle.

There isn't one horrendously horrible leader throughout history that didn't have a group of people around him/her that didn't think they were just great.

I'm not talking just about an inner circle type of thing. This includes people that have spoken to him behind the scenes but have not been close to him for years. For instance, Ben Carson spoke about how Trump is a different person behind the scenes after he dropped out of the race. Many who have worked with/for Trump have had positive things to say, including Lewandowski who Trump just fired. I'm sure given the number of jobs Trump has created through the number of people he has employed, there are bound to be many disgruntled employees.

As for Hillary, I am sure there are those who find her appealing that are close, but I have also seen many reports (including anyone in the secret service that had to work with her) that said she was a known by a 5-letter name, and she can bark to prove it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgCP9vOUd1o

I'm not talking just about an inner circle type of thing. This includes people that have spoken to him behind the scenes but have not been close to him for years. For instance, Ben Carson spoke about how Trump is a different person behind the scenes after he dropped out of the race. Many who have worked with/for Trump have had positive things to say, including Lewandowski who Trump just fired. I'm sure given the number of jobs Trump has created through the number of people he has employed, there are bound to be many disgruntled employees.

As for Hillary, I am sure there are those who find her appealing that are close, but I have also seen many reports (including anyone in the secret service that had to work with her) that said she was a known by a 5-letter name, and she can bark to prove it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgCP9vOUd1o

Please stop.

• Fire 3

bnilhome, what the hell man?

I'm fine with you not liking Clinton. I don't like her. I'm fine with you listing reasons not to like her and complaining about her.

But for f#*k's sake, any woman who has people working for her or is in the spotlight has been called a bitch to her face or behind her back. That's the way things work regardless of the fact that things have gotten a lot better for women. It means sh#t all that people have done it to her.

• Fire 8

It's one of the difficulties in a woman trying to shatter a glass ceiling -- no matter what she does, it looks strange, or even threatening, to see a woman aspiring to a job still firmly in the domain of men. (A female sports announcer, for example....)

Stop me if you've heard this before. Hillary is cold. She doesn't smile enough. She's shrill. So is Elizabeth Warren. She's power hungry. She's ambitious -- not in the bravo, admire-the-man kind of way. In the evil-woman-seeking-power kind of way. She's fake, because she alone of all the politicians in the world plays the political game to try to appeal to voters. :rolleyes:

This and all kinds of other codespeak for that 5-letter word. I think it's better to have it out in the open, really. I think we are mostly unconscious of this, but it's really, really easy for a woman, especially one who isn't content with the traditional role of being eye candy, to be immediately dismissed as a "b**ch". It happens, all the time, subtly or overtly.

• Fire 2

It's one of the difficulties in a woman trying to shatter a glass ceiling -- no matter what she does, it looks strange, or even threatening, to see a woman aspiring to a job still firmly in the domain of men. (A female sports announcer, for example....)

Stop me if you've heard this before. Hillary is cold. She doesn't smile enough. She's shrill. So is Elizabeth Warren. She's power hungry. She's ambitious -- not in the bravo, admire-the-man kind of way. In the evil-woman-seeking-power kind of way. She's fake, because she alone of all the politicians in the world plays the political game to try to appeal to voters. :rolleyes:

This and all kinds of other codespeak for that 5-letter word. I think it's better to have it out in the open, really. I think we are mostly unconscious of this, but it's really, really easy for a woman, especially one who isn't content with the traditional role of being eye candy, to be immediately dismissed as a "b**ch". It happens, all the time, subtly or overtly.

Yup - all sounds familiar. Too familiar sadly, we've all (women) been on the receiving end of that.

While it may be true - you take the same content, have it read by a man and he's perceived as "strong, dominant, opinionated, a leader". A woman says it, and she's a b*tch. There's actually an article/study looking at communications and perception between sexes that I may have to go looking for to post here. It's interesting, all that we've known and felt for years actually quantified.

I'm fine with you no liking Clinton. I don't like her. I'm fine with you listing reasons not to like her and complaining about her.

But for f#*k's sake, any woman who has people working for her or is in the spotlight has been called a bitch to her face or behind her back. That's the way things work regardless of the fact that things have gotten a lot better for women. It means sh#t all that people have done it to her.

Sorry, I should have provided more context. There have been multiple reports by members of the secret service that being assigned to Hillary was the worst assignment you could get, that she talked down and cussed out many officers, and hence none of them enjoyed working around her. Ronald Kessler is one of those agents that served in Bill's tenure and had regular interactions with both Clintons. I agree that women have had to break through glass ceilings, but the point is that there seem to be more stories about Hillary's diva-like behavior than other Democratic or GOP female politicians. As for name calling, I think I've seen a fair share of Trump-bashing on here including some calling him an a*s, douche, etc. My point was not to focus on the names used but rather how the candidates are perceived by those they work with or around.

As for the "who let the dogs out" video, that is just plain funny, no matter your political beliefs. She actually barked like a dog at one of her campaign stops.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/what-the-secret-service-has-to-say-about-hillary-clinton_102015

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-service-agents-hillary-is-a-nightmare-to-work-with/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/secret-service-agent-says-good/

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/282330-ex-secret-service-agent-clinton-occasionally-violent

I'm fine with you no liking Clinton. I don't like her. I'm fine with you listing reasons not to like her and complaining about her.

Sorry, I should have provided more context. There have been multiple reports by members of the secret service that being assigned to Hillary was the worst assignment you could get, that she talked down and cussed out many officers, and hence none of them enjoyed working around her. Ronald Kessler is one of those agents that served in Bill's tenure and had regular interactions with both Clintons. I agree that women have had to break through glass ceilings, but the point is that there seem to be more stories about Hillary's diva-like behavior than other Democratic or GOP female politicians. As for name calling, I think I've seen a fair share of Trump-bashing on here including some calling him an a*s, douche, etc. My point was not to focus on the names used but rather how the candidates are perceived by those they work with or around.

As for the "who let the dogs out" video, that is just plain funny, no matter your political beliefs. She actually barked like a dog at one of her campaign stops.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/what-the-secret-service-has-to-say-about-hillary-clinton_102015

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-service-agents-hillary-is-a-nightmare-to-work-with/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/secret-service-agent-says-good/

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/282330-ex-secret-service-agent-clinton-occasionally-violent

And the bigger point is - perception of women in leadership or a powerful position no matter the source (body guards, co workers, employees etc) is skewed to the negative for the same traits that are perceived as strong and positive for men.

Free education would be a wonderful thing for our nation. Give everyone the opportunity to attend and don't saddle them with the incredible burden that student loan debts currently are.

I agree.

It's not a bad thing to have on a platform. But like many things, it's a bit of a fantasy.

Also, the proposal is to eliminate in-state tuition for families earning under 125K (I don't see why this shouldn't vary from state to state, but anyway ...). In state tuition at Cal-Berkeley is currently under $14K. University of Florida is around $6K. UNL is around $8K. Families earning under 125K already will apply for and get some amount of need based aid. Families significantly under 125K already get a lot of need-based aid.

College tuition can get absurdly expensive. But in state public university tuition has not, traditionally, fallen in this category.

It doesn't seem to me like there's a particularly big gulf being closed here.

Free education would be a wonderful thing for our nation. Give everyone the opportunity to attend and don't saddle them with the incredible burden that student loan debts currently are.

I'm sorry, but this just makes no sense in reality and would only make it more expensive for the bill payer, whomever that is, no matter what. Not even the model Europeans give all citizens a chance at school.

If you want to talk about debt, ask why college tuition skyrocketed as soon as cheap student loans were made available all Americans.

Rich kids don't need help and poor kids already get help.

These one size fits all boondoggles do not work. Ever.

If the only knock on Hillary was that she was a bitch, I wouldn't have any problem with her. But not everyone subscribes to those typical desirable "man" qualities as being a bitch in women. In fact, I don't see any of those examples as making her a bitch. She's tough and shrewd and necessarily so for the jobs she has had and for the office she is seeking. I would be much more concerned about people in her security detail referring to her as a bitch because that would tend to be a comment on her actions privately and how she may treat people on a personal basis. I guess the equivalent for a man would be calling him a dick or a-hole. It's too dismissive to just write it off as people calling her a bitch and assuming they would find it admirable if she were a man. Are more than a handful of people so backwards that they still view business women this way? I sure don't.