The General Election

bnilhome, what the hell man?

I'm fine with you no liking Clinton. I don't like her. I'm fine with you listing reasons not to like her and complaining about her.

But for f#*k's sake, any woman who has people working for her or is in the spotlight has been called a bitch to her face or behind her back. That's the way things work regardless of the fact that things have gotten a lot better for women. It means sh#t all that people have done it to her.

Sorry, I should have provided more context. There have been multiple reports by members of the secret service that being assigned to Hillary was the worst assignment you could get, that she talked down and cussed out many officers, and hence none of them enjoyed working around her. Ronald Kessler is one of those agents that served in Bill's tenure and had regular interactions with both Clintons. I agree that women have had to break through glass ceilings, but the point is that there seem to be more stories about Hillary's diva-like behavior than other Democratic or GOP female politicians. As for name calling, I think I've seen a fair share of Trump-bashing on here including some calling him an a*s, douche, etc. My point was not to focus on the names used but rather how the candidates are perceived by those they work with or around.

As for the "who let the dogs out" video, that is just plain funny, no matter your political beliefs. She actually barked like a dog at one of her campaign stops.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/what-the-secret-service-has-to-say-about-hillary-clinton_102015

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-service-agents-hillary-is-a-nightmare-to-work-with/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/secret-service-agent-says-good/

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/282330-ex-secret-service-agent-clinton-occasionally-violent

And the bigger point is - perception of women in leadership or a powerful position no matter the source (body guards, co workers, employees etc) is skewed to the negative for the same traits that are perceived as strong and positive for men.

Well I think that must be your point which is fine. I have no issues with strong female executives and my top choice for the GOP nominee was Carly Fiorina followed by Rubio. And I think plenty of men can be labled "pricks" if they treat their employees or those around them with disdain and like they are trash, which gets to my point that many who have worked around, for, or with Trump tend to say more positive things about him as a person relative to his public persona, while you tend to see more who have worked around or for Hillary speak out against her.

This is entirely unique to the person. You consume different media from different places than everyone else.

If you can't find enough negative accounts of Trump, I could probably dig some up for you.

Oh there is plenty of negative about Trump, as has been expressed on these boards over and over. He's an egomaniac that makes way too many outlandish statements in order to garner attention. I'm not a huge fan of his public persona. Despite that fact, when the question would be posed to voters on which candidate they would prefer to have a drink with (Trump or HIllary), I will guarantee that Trump would win that. He's more engaging in 1/1 interviews...and he actually gives 1/1 interviews as well as multiple press conferences. He suffers from overexposure as he loves the attention, while Hillary does just the opposite and runs away from 1/1 interviews and press conferences for fears of either screwing up or being pressed on her scandals and history of lying.

The bolded for some reason made me think of this song.

Haha...nice. One band/song I could see Trump playing at his convention is Twisted Sister's "We're not going to take it, anymore"

Yeah....we aren't going to take dishonesty, corruption and rigged outcomes anymore.......

.....by electing the most dishonest person in the campaign.

Let's hope that voters do not elect the most dishonest person to ever seek office (Hillary), but we'll see.

• Fire 1

Meanwhile...in other news.....there is another option.

I think you should join his campaign team with how much you are pushing Johnson. Given his current polling, he will need all the help he can get at this point.

Everyone hates the other two. Why not talk about someone who isn't hated by 60% of the country?

And...BTW.....I don't think I post as much about him as you do about Trump and how much you hate Hillary.....so what's the big deal? Are you on Trump's campaign team?

• Fire 5

I think you should join his campaign team with how much you are pushing Johnson. Given his current polling, he will need all the help he can get at this point.

Everyone hates the other two. Why not talk about someone who isn't hated by 60% of the country?

And...BTW.....I don't think I post as much about him as you do about Trump and how much you hate Hillary.....so what's the big deal? Are you on Trump's campaign team?

Well Trump and Hillary are the two main candidates, and unless something drastic changes, no 3rd party candidate will be winning this year, so I tend to focus on those two. As I've stated before and just earlier today, Trump is very flawed and an egomaniac and has plenty of critics on here already. If you are asking who I would rather have between Trump and Hillary, that's an easy call for me and it sure isn't Hillary.

Well Trump and Hillary are the two main candidates, and unless something drastic changes, no 3rd party candidate will be winning this year, so I tend to focus on those two. As I've stated before and just earlier today, Trump is very flawed and an egomaniac and has plenty of critics on here already. If you are asking who I would rather have between Trump and Hillary, that's an easy call for me and it sure isn't Hillary.

Sooo....what is the problem with me wanting to discuss Johnson. Maybe he doesn't have a chance because nobody is willing to talk about him and give him a chance. Everyone is caught up in talking about how horrible the two main candidates are (like you said). I guess I'm more surprised/frustrated that when people DO have other options, they are stuck in the R vs. D crap. They don't even consider something else may be better.

So...pardon me if I will still post things from time to time about Johnson.

• Fire 1

Sooo....what is the problem with me wanting to discuss Johnson. Maybe he doesn't have a chance because nobody is willing to talk about him and give him a chance. Everyone is caught up in talking about how horrible the two main candidates are (like you said). I guess I'm more surprised/frustrated that when people DO have other options, they are stuck in the R vs. D crap. They don't even consider something else may be better.

You are fine man...I might just be catching your posts at the wrong time, but it just feels like every post is either a sarcastic negative attack on Trump or something pushing Johnson. It seems if you have as much dislike for Hillary as you do Trump the negative posts would be more equal. I honestly wish the two major candidates were Rubio vs Webb and we could have two good guys in the race to vote for and not even have to worry about 3rd parties.

Given you are open to someone other than a D or R, what are your thoughts on Stein? She is up to 5% in some of the polls, and I suspect those numbers may trend up more.

You are fine man...I might just be catching your posts at the wrong time, but it just feels like every post is either a sarcastic negative attack on Trump or something pushing Johnson. It seems if you have as much dislike for Hillary as you do Trump the negative posts would be more equal. I honestly wish the two major candidates were Rubio vs Webb and we could have two good guys in the race to vote for and not even have to worry about 3rd parties.

Given you are open to someone other than a D or R, what are your thoughts on Stein? She is up to 5% in some of the polls, and I suspect those numbers may trend up more.

I have spent a little time on her site. I found what I did read to make it seem like she comes from a pretty far left thought process where government is the answer to everything. If I'm wrong...I'll research further.

I latched onto Johnson because a) He was the closest to reaching the 15% and b) It seems like he comes from a pretty middle of the road stance. Some issues are a little conservative and others are a little liberal.

I personally think that's what this country needs right now instead of two extreme parties battling it out with candidates that most of America doesn't trust and doesn't like.

PS....and as far as Hillary goes....I've made it very clear that there is no way in hell I'm voting for her and I think she is an extremely corrupt life long politician who lives in a sham of a marriage for no other reason than it helps her gain more power. She believes no rules really apply to her and she is as slick as her husband. Frustrating thing is, the system over the years has allowed her to build that belief within her own head.

But...yes....I will keep bashing Trump because I think he is a complete fraud on many many levels and it frustrates me that there are so many people that I know that all of a sudden think he is God's gift to the country. He's a pathetic little human being that shouldn't be anywhere close to the Whitehouse other than walking by as a tourist.

• Fire 2

I have spent a little time on her site. I found what I did read to make it seem like she comes from a pretty far left thought process where government is the answer to everything. If I'm wrong...I'll research further.

I latched onto Johnson because a) He was the closest to reaching the 15% and b) It seems like he comes from a pretty middle of the road stance. Some issues are a little conservative and others are a little liberal.

I personally think that's what this country needs right now instead of two extreme parties battling it out with candidates that most of America doesn't trust and doesn't like.

Just curious which of the other 15 GOP candidates would you have supported if they were the nominee?

I wish Ben Carson would have been better in the debates and then once they started, it seemed like he was just ignored. However, I think he was a pretty level headed guy going in that I think would have held the office well.

I also was interested in hearing more from Kasich.

However, once the debates started, everything just centered around the childish blowhard in the middle of the room instead of issues.

I am so frustrated right now with Republicans that the entire election cycle has totally blown my mind. I'm getting to the point where I honestly am going to have a hard time ever voting for a Republican candidate if they keep going through the nomination process like this.

PS....and as far as Hillary goes....I've made it very clear that there is no way in hell I'm voting for her and I think she is an extremely corrupt life long politician who lives in a sham of a marriage for no other reason than it helps her gain more power. She believes no rules really apply to her and she is as slick as her husband. Frustrating thing is, the system over the years has allowed her to build that belief within her own head.

We're not talking about House of Cards here!