The General Election

This is a very basic difference I see between Trump and Clinton in a world where the Middle East (whether it be ISIS, Al Queada, Taliban, etc.)is driving the conversation....

One seems (at least on the surface) to be objective and may have a plan to take a stance on global terrorism going forward. The other, seems to think the the problem can be taken care of at the expense of the 1st Amendment and war crimes.

just me...

Pew: Gary Johnson jumps to 2nd place (among millennials)

While in the overall Pew Research polling, Johnson is still trailing Trump by 25 percent, scoring 11 percent of the vote compared to Trump’s 36 percent and Hillary Clinton’s 45 percent, Johnson is performing significantly better with voters under age 30.

According to Pew, Johnson is winning 22 percent of younger voters. Trump is winning just 21 percent, and Clinton is leading with 47 percent of the vote.

These results follow a trend building over the past few weeks. Johnson has been rising in the polls, driven primarily by young voters dissatisfied with both major party nominees. Last week, a Fox News poll showed Johnson scoring 18 percent of millennials — and Clinton winning just 37 percent. Many other polls have shown Clinton in the low 40s, and one poll has Trump at just 13.5 percent with voters under age 30.

Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/07/10/pew-gary-johnson-jumps-2nd-place-among-millennials/#bS2rduDerpEVzKhL.99

While in the overall Pew Research polling, Johnson is still trailing Trump by 25 percent, scoring 11 percent of the vote compared to Trump’s 36 percent and Hillary Clinton’s 45 percent, Johnson is performing significantly better with voters under age 30.

According to Pew, Johnson is winning 22 percent of younger voters. Trump is winning just 21 percent, and Clinton is leading with 47 percent of the vote.

These results follow a trend building over the past few weeks. Johnson has been rising in the polls, driven primarily by young voters dissatisfied with both major party nominees. Last week, a Fox News poll showed Johnson scoring 18 percent of millennials — and Clinton winning just 37 percent. Many other polls have shown Clinton in the low 40s, and one poll has Trump at just 13.5 percent with voters under age 30.

Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/07/10/pew-gary-johnson-jumps-2nd-place-among-millennials/#bS2rduDerpEVzKhL.99

But will they actually vote? Johnson isn't going to have the $$$ as the others to help with that.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/hillary-clinton-s-lead-over-trump-shrinks-after-controversial-week-n607351

What a shame. We have a Dem nominee who is perceived as dishonest by 66% including a 1/3 of her very own supporters (talk about blind faith). But was is even sadder, we have 2 nominees who have 60%+ disapproval ratings in this NBC poll. What a rotten situation when the parties can't choose someone better than these 2.

The email controversy seems to have a meaningful impact on voters' impressions of the presumptive Democratic nominee as 66 percent of voters now say she is not honest and trustworthy including a third of her own supporters. This issue was a sticking point for many Democrats during her primary campaign run and is often attributed in part to Bernie Sanders' ability to remain somewhat competitive with Clinton.

While it is unclear what lasting impacts the investigation could have on her bid for presidency, the email investigation's findings do not appear to have moved Clinton's favorability ratings significantly. When respondents were asked their impression of the Democratic candidate in May, 59 percent of voters said they had either a "somewhat" or "very" unfavorable impression of Clinton. This week, amid intense scrutiny, her disapproval rating is now 60 percent — virtually unchanged since two months ago. Trump does not appear to have benefited from Clinton's controversy as he also has a 62 percent unfavorable rating this week; identical to his rating among registered voters in May.

This is a very basic difference I see between Trump and Clinton in a world where the Middle East (whether it be ISIS, Al Queada, Taliban, etc.)is driving the conversation....

One seems (at least on the surface) to be objective and may have a plan to take a stance on global terrorism going forward. The other, seems to think the the problem can be taken care of at the expense of the 1st Amendment and war crimes.

just me...

From politifact.com

Working backward from the numbers we have in hand, it seems fairly certain that Saudi Arabia gave about $10 million in the early 2000s, well before Clinton became secretary.

Follow the money

• Fire 1

But will they actually vote? Johnson isn't going to have the $$$ as the others to help with that.

Oh, I fully understand that. That's why I never thought Sanders really had a chance. So much of his support was from young voters and they just don't vote in large numbers.

I found the poll interesting thought because it was the first time I had seen a group poll higher for Johnson than either of the other two worthless candidates.

How do you feel about this?

Hillary Clinton herself has covertly run one of the most anti-Palestinian, pro-Israeli-aggression presidential campaigns in modern history – from either party. That’s not surprising given her general militarism and the dominance of American-Israeli billionaire Haim “I’m a one-issue guy, and my issue is Israel” Saban in funding her campaign and the Democratic Party generally. Surprising or not, though, the Clinton-led Democratic Party’s hostility toward the most basic precepts of equality and dignity for Palestinians, and their willingness – their eagerness – to support and cheer for the most extremist Israeli acts of oppression, racism and decades-long occupation, is nothing short of despicable.

Well it looks like the fallout from Hillary getting off without charges for for her lies and deceptions is beginning to show up in the polls. Hillary's lead in one national poll where she was up big a couple weeks ago is down to 3 points, and Trump has now taken a 2 point lead in Iowa and a 5-point lead in Florida.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/NBC-Poll-Clinton-Lead/2016/07/12/id/738198/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_clinton-5635.html

As I've said many times before, these polls will bounce back and forth until labor day where I suspect you will see more consistent polling with smaller swings.

• Fire 1

Oh, I fully understand that. That's why I never thought Sanders really had a chance. So much of his support was from young voters and they just don't vote in large numbers.

Sanders had a really good chance with me.

Where he really lost me was that his campaign became more about anger, and less about issues. I'm very glad he didn't win the nomination; I don't want to see "y'all are illegitimate" prevail.

Yes, there are problems with the system, but politicians since the dawn of time have tried to weaponize discontent. You will always be able to make some argument that so-and-so opposition guy is not legitimate; how, then, do you work with anyone? We have a diverse population with equally diverse political leanings. Sheer insistence on your own particular righteousness is useful, but only in maintaining a standstill -- not in achieving any bureaucratic accomplishments.

• Fire 1

Well it looks like the fallout from Hillary getting off without charges for for her lies and deceptions is beginning to show up in the polls. Hillary's lead in one national poll where she was up big a couple weeks ago is down to 3 points, and Trump has now taken a 2 point lead in Iowa and a 5-point lead in Florida.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/NBC-Poll-Clinton-Lead/2016/07/12/id/738198/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_clinton-5635.html

As I've said many times before, these polls will bounce back and forth until labor day where I suspect you will see more consistent polling with smaller swings.

Still sitting at the same percentage chance of winning.

Hillary by 77.4%

More Charitygate!

Eric Trump said his charity received ‘hundreds of thousands’ from his father. Now, he’s not sure.

Last week, Eric Trump said that his own charitable foundation had received "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in personal donations from his father.

But on Monday, Eric Trump said he could not name a single instance when Donald Trump had given such a gift.

That actually surprises me. Typically rich kids set up charities so they can receive salaries in the form of tax deductible charitable contributions from their parents (because their income is taxed at a lower rate than their parents income or a gift would be taxed).