April 2016 Tangent Thread

Certainly we have a chance. We have a chance with about 50% of recruits I'd say. There are a certain number who are destinged to go a certain place (family, history, location, etc.) but we should never be afraid to recruit any player anywhere any time who fits our needs and is a great athlete and student and we believe will represent Nebraska in the manner expected. This young man appears to be a great fit and from what little we know about him, has the size and reputation to be another great Blackshirt legend.

But is he a potential Heisman candidate?

Certainly we have a chance. We have a chance with about 50% of recruits I'd say. There are a certain number who are destinged to go a certain place (family, history, location, etc.) but we should never be afraid to recruit any player anywhere any time who fits our needs and is a great athlete and student and we believe will represent Nebraska in the manner expected. This young man appears to be a great fit and from what little we know about him, has the size and reputation to be another great Blackshirt legend.

And just what makes you the recruiting expert that reads minds and can absolutely determine which ones are certain to have nothing to do with Nebraska? I am just curious.

• Fire 1

And just what makes you the recruiting expert that reads minds and can absolutely determine which ones are certain to have nothing to do with Nebraska? I am just curious.

No, you're not. And if you truly are, you can be curious somewhere not on this thread.

Like I said, yes, there is legitimate interest here, we have a family member of his already committed.

No, you're not. And if you truly are, you can be curious somewhere not on this thread.

Like I said, yes, there is legitimate interest here, we have a family member of his already committed.

Why do you have to be so mean and condescending AtBone95? Folks just want to chat here, talk through ideas and questions. There's just no need to be such a bully.

And, they're not cousins. Just close friends according to McQuitty.

• Fire 1

If that was mean and condescending, I would hate to see what a personal attack would look like.

Just think that one can make a point and discuss topics here without telling another person to leave.

And GBRFAN, I can not speak for the other two profiles, but I am a solo act. Guess my tone is just not one that's appreciated on this board.

• Fire 1

If that was mean and condescending, I would hate to see what a personal attack would look like.

Just think that one can make a point and discuss topics here without telling another person to leave.

And GBRFAN, I can not speak for the other two profiles, but I am a solo act. Guess my tone is just not one that's appreciated on this board.

Don't take it too personal. The same 10 people try to drive away every new person that posts a lot. Eventually, if you stick it out, you can become one of them.

• Fire 4

Why are so many of you people so negative? Mattyice. CN Red Atbone. If you're not Husker fans, try someplace else where your naysaying will fit in better.

B/c your multi paragraph posts are getting old. Let me give ya some advice. If i see a post more than 2-3 lines long i dont read it 99.9% of the time. It has to be pretty informative, gripping, or talk of something of importance if im gonna spend that much time on it. They just become clutter otherwise. If you want to be a recruiter, go get a recruiting job. And dont tell me to leave a board ive been on way longer than you. Now look at what you made me do. I just cluttered the f#*k out of things.
  • Fire 5

Why do you have to be so mean and condescending AtBone95? Folks just want to chat here, talk through ideas and questions. There's just no need to be such a bully.

And, they're not cousins. Just close friends according to McQuitty.

Not being mean and condescending. Just trying to stop 84 before he derails ANOTHER thread that should be used to discuss a specific recruit. This thread will be used to discuss Ryan Johnson. If he has beef with someone, get it the hell off of here. I'll die trying if I have to lol. You are entirely right, everyone is able to make points and discuss topics here. But, this is the recruiting forum, on Ryan Johnson's thread. If you're not discussing Ryan Johnson, please stop.

Why are so many of you people so negative? Mattyice. CN Red Atbone. If you're not Husker fans, try someplace else where your naysaying will fit in better.

I'm about as sunshine pumping as it gets when it comes to recruiting. I've been in this recruiting forum, and almost exclusively in this recruiting forum, since 2010. I am a diehard Husker fan, and I enjoy following recruiting. So, when you derail threads meant for recruits and only information specific to recruits, I get upset. Sorry.

Mods, if you want to move this to the shed, please PM me the link and the password as I normally don't get involved there, but I will.

Much to say on the topic ... but as a seasoned Huskerboard member I know this creates work for the Mods to clean all this crap up. Lets stay on topic.