Alex Lewis

Great stuff.

This is the first time since the '04 draft that NU has had three lineman drafted in a single year.

In '04 it was: Sewell (6), Bingham (7) and Trevor Johnson (7)

Impossibru!

Didn't the NFL know that Frank's and Bo's recruits were cupboard-bare bums who don't buy in? Why would they recruit them?

Comparing a teams top 2 or 3 players each year to an overview of the entire roster are completely different. If you can't agree that we have had holes in our depth chart over the past handful of years then I guess you should just praise FS and BP.

Great stuff.

This is the first time since the '04 draft that NU has had three lineman drafted in a single year.

Impossibru!

Didn't the NFL know that Frank's and Bo's recruits were cupboard-bare bums who don't buy in? Why would they recruit them?

Comparing a teams top 2 or 3 players each year to an overview of the entire roster are completely different. If you can't agree that we have had holes in our depth chart over the past handful of years then I guess you should just praise FS and BP.

I can agree we have had holes. There's almost always holes. There were holes under Osborne. There will be holes under Riley when it's just "his guys". I do not praise FS or BP. I acknowledge that their recruiting seemed less than stellar.

Some here have regularly and seemingly solely blame the losses on the quality level of our players. I do not agree to that. Our roster had/has enough talent to win the games that were lost. The NFL seems to think our roster was not a bare cupboard that was the regular rhetoric.

• Fire 1

Great stuff.

Impossibru!

There are "holes" almost every roster. That '09 D had like 3 walkons starting for it, if I recall. The '08 one definitely did.

Good coaches account for their weaknesses and achieve anyway.

• Fire 1

Great stuff.

Impossibru!

There are "holes" almost every roster. That '09 D had like 3 walkons starting for it, if I recall. The '08 one definitely did.

Good coaches account for their weaknesses and achieve anyway.

sorry to derail Lewis thread and won't post again in this thread unless it is about lewis.

- Having walkons start does not mean there was a "hole" - We have had plenty of walkon all americans to prove that.

- referring to 08 09 - I will just say that just like "Hills" some "holes" are bigger then others.

- Teams achieving or not achieving are controlled by players and coaches - as stated before by others, I have never season a coach teach players how to turn the ball over or go 3 and out on offense.

• Mavric changed the title to Alex Lewis