MichiganDad3

Andy Janovich

What are his chances of making it in the NFL? This year he has proven to be a great FB, but there aren't too many FBs in the NFL. Can he be a special teams player and play situationly? Can he change positions? Todd Christensen moved from FB to become an All-Pro TE. I would love to see him in the NFL ... just not the Lions!

His best chance is to make it to the Lion or Bears imho.

I think he'll get his chance. As Riley puts it, he's just a football player. Great on special teams, great everything. Whether that means he'll get drafted or not is another question. Depends on how much teams value FBs or special teams; not every team cares as much.

The Patriots are one of the teams that do and took a long snapper in the 5th round this year. Something similar to that from them (they have had a reliable FB, but he broke his leg this year) or a similar team wouldn't surprise me. Nor would the UDFA route. But if he wants to, I think he will make it in the league.

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job.

• Upvote 2

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job. Bill Bates made a pretty good career in special teams. Lots of players do.

I think Jano will be in a similar situation as Burkhead and Helu. There's just not a huge need for FBs or RBs in todays NFL but good football players will end up on a roster somewhere and make it onto the field. There's a lot of guys in front of Rex on the depth chart but he was able to get on the field at WR because of injuries last year and he's getting some more playing time this year because of that. Helu was solid in D.C. and it's the same story in Oakland as last week he had 5 carries for 22 yards last week plus a receiving TD. Unfortunately neither guy will light up the stats chart but they are finding ways to contribute and I'm happy for them.

• Upvote 1

Janovich will probably make a NFL roster because he is a beast in special teams. The last few guys on the roster have to be able to play special teams, which Jano excels at. Most teams still keep a fullback on the roster, even if they are only used 1 or 2 times a game.

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job.

KSU had a FB they mentioned last night. Same thing as you described above. Jano is not only a FB, but a special teams demon. The announcers said that in the day of the 53 man roster, NFL teams are looking for guys who can do more so they don't burn multiple spots to fill the positions. Jano can run, catch and play all phases of special teams. I think he gets a shot based upon his multiplicity.

KSU had a FB they mentioned last night. Same thing as you described above. Jano is not only a FB, but a special teams demon. The announcers said that in the day of the 53 man roster, NFL teams are looking for guys who can do more so they don't burn multiple spots to fill the positions. Jano can run, catch and play all phases of special teams. I think he gets a shot based upon his multiplicity.

Yep. I was going to post just about the same thing. Whatever NFL team picks him up will get their money's worth.

That TD run was a thing of beauty.

wonder why we never saw him last season? i know Ameer was our big time back, but they were featuring Newby behind him, and he is nothing special. Bo and Beck sure the hell missed the boat on this guy.

wonder why we never saw him last season? i know Ameer was our big time back, but they were featuring Newby behind him, and he is nothing special. Bo and Beck sure the hell missed the boat on this guy.

Beck doesn't know what a TE or FB is.

I always thought AA would have greatly benefited from running behind Jano. One of the few benefits of living in Michigan was watching Barry Sanders run behind Schlesinger. Sanders was great at waiting for Schlesinger to destroy a LB then shoot through a gap. Ah it was beautiful. Schlesinger always seemed to be bleeding from the bridge of his nose. You could tell he like hitting people.

Didn't beck actually say that the FB was obsolete? That run Jano had in the wiscy game was so legendary, if we had won that game we are watching that highlight for years.

Didn't beck actually say that the FB was obsolete? That run Jano had in the wiscy game was so legendary, if we had won that game we are watching that highlight for years.

well, we all know the famous Beck-ism........football is nothing more than basketball on grass.......damn., wasn't that brilliant? f'ing idiot!

reminded me of Tom Rathman who played for the 49ers.

Seeing that run yesterday in real life was a great moment, regardless of the outcome of the last two minutes.

I wonder if there's been a better FB run in all of college football over the past decade or so? I mean, quite a few teams don't even keep fullbacks on the roster anymore. In any case, other than Schlesinger's pair of TDs in the '95 OB, Janovich's run is the best FB run from scrimmage that I can remember.

Seeing that run yesterday in real life was a great moment, regardless of the outcome of the last two minutes.

I wonder if there's been a better FB run in all of college football over the past decade or so? I mean, quite a few teams don't even keep fullbacks on the roster anymore. In any case, other than Schlesinger's pair of TDs in the '95 OB, Janovich's run is the best FB run from scrimmage that I can remember.

I think you forgot about Joel Makovicka.

I told a friend this morning...and it's hard to recall the moment exactly, but I think the winning '94 Orange Bowl play was actually flashing through my mind before Janovich even got in the end zone.

I think you forgot about Joel Makovicka.

You mean his TD run against Akron? Yeah, that was a great run alright. But I'd rate this run of Janovich ahead of Joel's.

Jano is the symbol of what was "Nebraska" - Him, Schlesinger, the Makovickas, and other FBs where the key that made NU I- Back U - our great I-Backs would not have been as great without the hard working FBs in front of them - clearing the way and occasionally getting the big call "Its Schlesinger, Its Schlesinger" still gives me goose bumps when I see the reply- In my mind the most glorious run in Husker history. Yes Tommie's 75 yard TD against Florida was amazing as he broke 7 or more tackles, Rozier's sideline to sideline run against UCLA would be difficult to duplicate, & Crouch's 98 yard run against Missouri probably broke more ankles than any run in history - but none compares to the moment, the importance, the timing of Schlesinger's run against Miami to tie up the game. And then he repeats it a series later to win the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v3t_kqH3GE

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/yards-it-s-schlesinger-inside-the/article_a937b139-28ce-557f-bc01-def49a92cb4c.html

Packers Drafted the FB from OU this year, Aaron Ripkowski. Pretty sure he was in the back field With Cody Green from Dayton back then. Kid is a beast but I think Jano runs better then him. K-States got a pretty good FB whos brother just happens to be in the NFL. gronkowski. Jano def has a shot. hope he makes it.

Damn Broncos, first they took Lynch and now Janno.

But for realz this is awesome for Andy, good luck to ya and can't wait to see you playing!

I love it! Finally we get a Husker on my Broncos squad! Hope he can be the next Howard Griffith for us :)

Well ... Zaire Anderson might be a starting LB this year....

• Upvote 2

Glad all these huskers were drafted, however have to say this one is the best. Guy deserves some respect and some $$$!!!

• Upvote 1

I love it! Finally we get a Husker on my Broncos squad! Hope he can be the next Howard Griffith for us :)

I'd love to see him get off the practice squad and become an impact player similar to Shaq Barrett
  • Upvote 1

I was so thrilled they took Jano here, especially when "higher rated" prospects like little Gronk were still on the board.

I also like how Elway always tweets a little comment about the prospect....

Congrats Andy!

I don't think he would have been drafted if we'd had the previous offense in 2015. They could have run him even more than they did but the amount he got to run it really helped him.

Jared Crick was picked up this offseason as well. GBR

• Upvote 2

True, forgot about the off season pick up of Crick. Looking forward to pre season workouts starting. Always fun seeing who makes the cut and who doesn't