Andy Janovich

I think he'll get his chance. As Riley puts it, he's just a football player. Great on special teams, great everything. Whether that means he'll get drafted or not is another question. Depends on how much teams value FBs or special teams; not every team cares as much.

The Patriots are one of the teams that do and took a long snapper in the 5th round this year. Something similar to that from them (they have had a reliable FB, but he broke his leg this year) or a similar team wouldn't surprise me. Nor would the UDFA route. But if he wants to, I think he will make it in the league.

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job.

• Fire 2

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job. Bill Bates made a pretty good career in special teams. Lots of players do.

I think Jano will be in a similar situation as Burkhead and Helu. There's just not a huge need for FBs or RBs in todays NFL but good football players will end up on a roster somewhere and make it onto the field. There's a lot of guys in front of Rex on the depth chart but he was able to get on the field at WR because of injuries last year and he's getting some more playing time this year because of that. Helu was solid in D.C. and it's the same story in Oakland as last week he had 5 carries for 22 yards last week plus a receiving TD. Unfortunately neither guy will light up the stats chart but they are finding ways to contribute and I'm happy for them.

• Fire 1

He can hit, block, and he can tackle. Those things are what separate college players and pros. His ability to run and catch is just gravy. He will find a spot on someone's roster. Might not become a Pro-Bowler, but many teams can benefit with a hard nose physical football that does his job.

KSU had a FB they mentioned last night. Same thing as you described above. Jano is not only a FB, but a special teams demon. The announcers said that in the day of the 53 man roster, NFL teams are looking for guys who can do more so they don't burn multiple spots to fill the positions. Jano can run, catch and play all phases of special teams. I think he gets a shot based upon his multiplicity.

KSU had a FB they mentioned last night. Same thing as you described above. Jano is not only a FB, but a special teams demon. The announcers said that in the day of the 53 man roster, NFL teams are looking for guys who can do more so they don't burn multiple spots to fill the positions. Jano can run, catch and play all phases of special teams. I think he gets a shot based upon his multiplicity.

Yep. I was going to post just about the same thing. Whatever NFL team picks him up will get their money's worth.

That TD run was a thing of beauty.

I always thought AA would have greatly benefited from running behind Jano. One of the few benefits of living in Michigan was watching Barry Sanders run behind Schlesinger. Sanders was great at waiting for Schlesinger to destroy a LB then shoot through a gap. Ah it was beautiful. Schlesinger always seemed to be bleeding from the bridge of his nose. You could tell he like hitting people.

• Mavric changed the title to Andy Janovich