MichiganDad3

Andy Janovich

"The fullback and tightend are dying positions in the game of football."

- Tim Beck

- Tim Beck

I am trying to think of the final four last year. Bama and MSU use TE's and FB's (maybe not a lot for the FB but some) then was it OU that played Clemson? Clemson doesn't seem to use either all that much, doesn't OU use TE's a lot?

- Tim Beck

I am trying to think of the final four last year. Bama and MSU use TE's and FB's (maybe not a lot for the FB but some) then was it OU that played Clemson? Clemson doesn't seem to use either all that much, doesn't OU use TE's a lot?

Clemson used a TE (H Back) type all the time. The guy had 40 catches for 525 yards and 8 TDs.

Clemson is currently up 13-10. Earlier in the game they had a punt return for a "TD," except the punt returner dropped the ball too early as he was running in and the other team got the ball.

I guess Desmond Howard would prefer this to what Janovich did?

Clemson is currently up 13-10. Earlier in the game they had a punt return for a "TD," except the punt returner dropped the ball too early as he was running in and the other team got the ball.

You left out the most important part, was the guy at least confident in his speed? That's more important than scoring touchdowns.

• Upvote 1

You left out the most important part, was the guy at least confident in his speed? That's more important than scoring touchdowns.

Indeed. It's better to be a super fast guy fumbling at the 1 foot line than a slow fullback from Nebraska scoring a touchdown is what I always say.

Andy Janovich has no idea he’s a rock star.

He’s learning of the love affair Broncos fans have with fullbacks.

He’s realizing Howard Griffith "was kind of a big deal" in Dove Valley.

But he’s practically oblivious to "the legend of Andy Janovich" or to the expectations that he could be the Second Coming of "The Human Plow."

He certainly doesn’t know that he also is becoming "kind of a big deal" in Denver.

"I have noticed people really love having a fullback in the offense," the former University of Nebraska player says, somewhat in disbelief.

But the 6-foot-1, 238-pounder also noticed that he’s being called upon to play a big role in Gary Kubiak’s offense, having played almost half the snaps so far.

Link

• Upvote 3

Good article on Jano. Gotta love that fullback attitude. NU has been blessed with some of the best to ever play the game and I love having him on the Broncos.

Jano hits linebackers so hard their future children will have black eyes
Death once had a near Janovich experience. Death still won't talk about it.

Ha ha! Hammerhead just nailed that linebacker!

• Upvote 1

Ironhead!! :thumbs

He had pretty good YAC at Nebraska too! :thumbs:

:

• Upvote 1

the guy is a beast, like Rathman...........left a lot of game behind at NU, Riley never used him enuf.

Neither did Beck.

Went to Broncos training camp practice this morning. Jano caught a 30-ish yard TD pass on a wheel route.

:w00t

You live in Denver?

Went to Broncos training camp practice this morning. Jano caught a 30-ish yard TD pass on a wheel route.

:w00t

You live in Denver?

No, we were up there to go to the Rockies game the night before - birthday present for my son. Hadn't even thought about going to Broncos practice until a guy sitting behind us at the game mentioned it.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

When Jano tells the ball to go over the fence, the ball goes over the fence.

• Haha 1