Andy Janovich

wonder why we never saw him last season? i know Ameer was our big time back, but they were featuring Newby behind him, and he is nothing special. Bo and Beck sure the hell missed the boat on this guy.

Beck doesn't know what a TE or FB is.

Didn't beck actually say that the FB was obsolete? That run Jano had in the wiscy game was so legendary, if we had won that game we are watching that highlight for years.

wonder why we never saw him last season? i know Ameer was our big time back, but they were featuring Newby behind him, and he is nothing special. Bo and Beck sure the hell missed the boat on this guy.

Didn't beck actually say that the FB was obsolete? That run Jano had in the wiscy game was so legendary, if we had won that game we are watching that highlight for years.

well, we all know the famous Beck-ism........football is nothing more than basketball on grass.......damn., wasn't that brilliant? f'ing idiot!

reminded me of Tom Rathman who played for the 49ers.

Seeing that run yesterday in real life was a great moment, regardless of the outcome of the last two minutes.

I wonder if there's been a better FB run in all of college football over the past decade or so? I mean, quite a few teams don't even keep fullbacks on the roster anymore. In any case, other than Schlesinger's pair of TDs in the '95 OB, Janovich's run is the best FB run from scrimmage that I can remember.

Seeing that run yesterday in real life was a great moment, regardless of the outcome of the last two minutes.

I wonder if there's been a better FB run in all of college football over the past decade or so? I mean, quite a few teams don't even keep fullbacks on the roster anymore. In any case, other than Schlesinger's pair of TDs in the '95 OB, Janovich's run is the best FB run from scrimmage that I can remember.

I think you forgot about Joel Makovicka.

I told a friend this morning...and it's hard to recall the moment exactly, but I think the winning '94 Orange Bowl play was actually flashing through my mind before Janovich even got in the end zone.

I think you forgot about Joel Makovicka.

You mean his TD run against Akron? Yeah, that was a great run alright. But I'd rate this run of Janovich ahead of Joel's.

Jano is the symbol of what was "Nebraska" - Him, Schlesinger, the Makovickas, and other FBs where the key that made NU I- Back U - our great I-Backs would not have been as great without the hard working FBs in front of them - clearing the way and occasionally getting the big call "Its Schlesinger, Its Schlesinger" still gives me goose bumps when I see the reply- In my mind the most glorious run in Husker history. Yes Tommie's 75 yard TD against Florida was amazing as he broke 7 or more tackles, Rozier's sideline to sideline run against UCLA would be difficult to duplicate, & Crouch's 98 yard run against Missouri probably broke more ankles than any run in history - but none compares to the moment, the importance, the timing of Schlesinger's run against Miami to tie up the game. And then he repeats it a series later to win the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v3t_kqH3GE

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/yards-it-s-schlesinger-inside-the/article_a937b139-28ce-557f-bc01-def49a92cb4c.html

• 6 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Andy Janovich