DT Michael Thompson [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

64 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Thompson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

One of the more important recruits in this class.

We want him at OT.

Please don't pull another Baker Steinkuhler, Nebraska...

Bump.

Now DL MVP at two of the biggest camps on the circuit. And we're sending our big guns (Cav) after him...

We told him he can play either.

We want him at OT.

Bump.

Now DL MVP at two of the biggest camps on the circuit. And we're sending our big guns (Cav) after him...

Are you sure? I thought we started recruiting him as a DL but then changed to OL but I don't remember him having the choice.

We want him at OT.

Bump.

Are you sure? I thought we started recruiting him as a DL but then changed to OL but I don't remember him having the choice.
Yes. We prefer him at OT but said he can choose. At least that was what his coach said about a month ago.
  • Fire 1

The staff obviously sees DT Masry Mapieu [Nebraska Commit] as a three year starter/stud who will be the #1 DT drafted in the NFL in the first round after starting as a Freshman and going pro after his Junior year. I'm guessing they also don't even see him needing a red shirt year.

Or.....they see him as a Nebraska kid that proved early on in the recruiting process that he has enough skill/potential to warrant a scholarship offer (as did Iowa, UCLA and others), so they accepted his verbal commitment. And despite some potential academic troubles, they aren't going to have a knee-jerk reaction and take away his scholarship offer in hopes that another prospect (Avery, Thompson, Trout, or whoever else you perceive as being better) is going to commit and be a guarantee to sign in December or February. All while not wanting to jeopardize the relationships with Nebraska high school coaches that they've tried to continue to improve and build off of.

You want to blame someone for this, blame Bo and his sh#tty roster management that has put us in a position where we can only take 15-18 in this class.

• Fire 2

The staff obviously sees DT Masry Mapieu [Nebraska Commit] as a three year starter/stud who will be the #1 DT drafted in the NFL in the first round after starting as a Freshman and going pro after his Junior year. I'm guessing they also don't even see him needing a red shirt year.

You want to blame someone for this, blame Bo and his sh#tty roster management that has put us in a position where we can only take 15-18 in this class.

Oh dear Lord, here we go...

• Mavric changed the title to DT Michael Thompson [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]