OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

But let's just say you've never remotely advocated giving Mike Riley the time allotted to Solich or Bo, so stop with the horsesh#t and just embrace your hatred of the Riley hire:.

Time allotted is earned. Riley is currently earning it at a Callahan level.

This.

Solich and Pelini hit the ground running. Cally and Riley tripped over their own feet right out of the gate.

Oh, that's right. Riley inherited a bunch of crap players who won't buy in cuz loyalty to Bo.

2 coaches didn't implement new offenses in their first years and took a lazy approach to recruiting. 2 did the opposite. 3 have been fired so far. Riley might be #4. Who's way is right?

That's why you judge them one year at time. If they make progress, or have reasonable explanations why they didn't and/or reasonable hope/expectations that next year will be better, then you give them one more year. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Solich wasn't automatically given 22 years just because that's how long it took TO to win a NC.

Cally wasn't automatically given 8 years just because that's Solich had.

Pelini wasn't automatically given 4 years just because that's what Cally had.

Riley should not automatically be given 7 years just because that's what Pelini had.

Riley did crappy his first year. But there some reasonable explanations (and some not so reasonable) as to why, and there is some reasonable hope that next year will be better, so he gets one more year and will be evaluated again at the end of next year.

I agree that you should evaluate one year at a time but I think a coach needs about 4 years to point their ship in the direction they want to go.

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

• Fire 1

Actually, it was Prickman who brought this thread here with his ridiculous excuses and whining about his well deserved trashed legacy when it comes to what matters most about UNL: football.

He needs to STFU and go away. His ego has done enough damage to NU football to last many lifetimes.

I will give Prickman his parting shot: he certainly is one rung above on the ladder over Graham Spannier.

How come Graham Spanier doesn't get a cool nickname?

• Fire 1

Maybe you should pay more attention to academics also...Might do you some good.

There needs to be a minimum age requirement to post in here. This crap is so childish.

• Fire 1

Is this the general notion? That a university president's most important function is fielding a football team? I don't think any other university president out there will base their legacy upon the successes and failures of a f'ing football team.

Is this the general notion? That a university president's most important function is fielding a football team? I don't think any other university president out there will base their legacy upon the successes and failures of a f'ing football team.

I guess I have to be that guy that keeps bringing this up, since we have guys that seem to keep ignoring it: Nebraska is the only university to ever lose their AAU accreditation by a vote...and it happened on Perlman's watch. I know people can give me a million reasons why it happened, how it wasn't fair, etc., etc., but in the end Perlman didn't keep it from happening.

Seems like a poster who would resort to this posting style didn't pay any attention to academics. Like, at all.

I guess I have to be that guy that keeps bringing this up, since we have guys that seem to keep ignoring it: Nebraska is the only university to ever lose their AAU accreditation by a vote...and it happened on Perlman's watch. I know people can give me a million reasons why it happened, how it wasn't fair, etc., etc., but in the end Perlman didn't keep it from happening.

What does that have to do with people blaming him for 16 years of football purgatory?

Also, has the university been hurt funding wise or enrollment wise due to not being in the AAU?

So, we excuse his foul ups and meddling because he can cherry pick some stats indicating the academies have improved (and assume that was due to him)?

Point is, he consistently inserted himself into a space he didn't understand and participated in some truly awful decisions.

And now he can't seem to stop talking about it.

• Fire 3

So, we excuse his foul ups and meddling because he can cherry pick some stats indicating the academies have improved (and assume that was due to him)?

Point is, he consistently inserted himself into a space he didn't understand and participated in some truly awful decisions.

Show me absolute proof.

• Fire 2

Show me absolute proof.

Absolute proof of what? His involvement in those awful decisions?

• Fire 1

Martinez was a good QB. Armstrong is a good QB. Bush has talent, but we'll never really know how good he could have been.

I ignored the rest of your ignorant rant.

Martinez was garb, and Armstrong turns the ball over like Bo truns over Burgers at mcdonalds... not that there is anything wrong with that....

This will be the only warning you get on this. Don't call our players garbage.

• Fire 1

Show me absolute proof.

Absolute proof of what? His involvement in those awful decisions?

Show me absolute proof that he meddled in football.