OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

$5m in extensions didn't hurt the program at all?

That was just one example, though, of his failed leadership.

TO didn't assist in finding the previous AD. That's ridiculous piece of misinformation. Did the last employer you had that provided a recommendation upon request assist in your job search?

Osborne didn't advocate firing Solich, didn't approve the hiring of Callahan, didn't advocate firing Bo or interview and approve the hiring of Riley.

No. The extensions didn't hurt the program. We didn't lack for funding of anything athletics related. In fact there was even money to expand the stadium and build a new basketball arena.

TO gave his blessing on Pederson. Don't kid yourself.

Of course he didn't advocate firing Solich. He was his failed hand picked successor. And he didn't approve if hiring Callahan because his friend was just fired. And he didn't advocate firing Bo because, again, that was his failed hand picked coach.

It's f'ing laughable how some of you think he is to blame for Husker football.

You don't see a direct link there.. and how that hire/fire can affect football? Don't forget whoever the AD hires/fires is also a direct link to the Chancellor.

Really, you can't see the chain of command and how that link can affect things from top down?

Here is the link:

Perlman is in charge of the university.

He has people in charge of certain areas that lay out a plan and give him advice as to what to do.

He either signs off on it based on their presentation, or doesn't.

In the end, it's the AD that lives or dies with the decision. It appears to me that Perlman's fault was trusting an AD that hired someone that didn't belong in college football, a psychopath, and perhaps a re-tread that will fail.

if nothing else I can go to a bar in a Husker shirt and not have to talk about our crazy ass coach with some random person who wants to laugh at Nebraska football...that was getting old.

People on bbs's whine about this, but while traveling the country, I never heard that. What I mostly heard is "I went to a game there once; it was awesome" or "do you all have anything other than football out there?"

Bo didn't even rank among the craziest in CFB let alone when stacked against all coaches across all sports.

I live in Kansas, where the Huskers are still relevant and a topic of conversation in relation to the Big8. I don't hear it much anymore - with the exception of this weekend at the lake - but it was extremely prevalent during his last 3-4 years....then again I hang out at a few sports bars 5-6 nights a week, so know most of the people there. Watching how your conversations play out here, it doesn't surprise me no one talks to you at a bar.

• Fire 2

You don't see a direct link there.. and how that hire/fire can affect football? Don't forget whoever the AD hires/fires is also a direct link to the Chancellor.

Really, you can't see the chain of command and how that link can affect things from top down?

Here is the link:

He has people in charge of certain areas that lay out a plan and give him advice as to what to do.

In the end, it's the AD that lives or dies with the decision. It appears to me that Perlman's fault was trusting an AD that hired someone that didn't belong in college football, a psychopath, and perhaps a re-tread that will fail.

So, instead of saying "yes I understand the link" you try to make an excuse? Just admit it, the Chancellor is responsible for all of his subordinates, and their actions are a direct reflections on him.

Here is the link:

So, instead of saying "yes I understand the link" you try to make an excuse? Just admit it, the Chancellor is responsible for all of his subordinates, and their actions are a direct reflections on him.

That doesn't mean he is directly responsible for the play on the field or the lack of recruiting efforts by the coach.

TO didn't assist in finding the previous AD. That's ridiculous piece of misinformation. Did the last employer you had that provided a recommendation upon request assist in your job search?

Osborne didn't advocate firing Solich, didn't approve the hiring of Callahan, didn't advocate firing Bo or interview and approve the hiring of Riley.

No. The extensions didn't hurt the program. We didn't lack for funding of anything athletics related. In fact there was even money to expand the stadium and build a new basketball arena.

Of course he didn't advocate firing Solich. He was his failed hand picked successor. And he didn't approve if hiring Callahan because his friend was just fired. And he didn't advocate firing Bo because, again, that was his failed hand picked coach.

So, you acknowledge that Perlman played a much more direct role in the mess than TO. That's progress.

• Fire 2

Here is the link:

That doesn't mean he is directly responsible for the play on the field or the lack of recruiting efforts by the coach.

I'm getting pretty tired of the supposed "lack of recruiting efforts" by certain coaches, because it's nothing more than unfounded character assassination. Callahan inherited more highly drafted players than Bo did. Riley had probably 12+ guys among his starters last year who will get NFL opportunities either through the draft or through FA contracts.

Our coaches worked hard and brought in great recruits. although it appears things are off to a solid start, it remains to be seen if Riley will outpace his predecessors, even given the unprecedented amount of resources and upgrades he's enjoyed based on timing.

• Fire 2

if nothing else I can go to a bar in a Husker shirt and not have to talk about our crazy ass coach with some random person who wants to laugh at Nebraska football...that was getting old.

People on bbs's whine about this, but while traveling the country, I never heard that. What I mostly heard is "I went to a game there once; it was awesome" or "do you all have anything other than football out there?"

Bo didn't even rank among the craziest in CFB let alone when stacked against all coaches across all sports.

I live in Kansas, where the Huskers are still relevant and a topic of conversation in relation to the Big8. I don't hear it much anymore - with the exception of this weekend at the lake - but it was extremely prevalent during his last 3-4 years....then again I hang out at a few sports bars 5-6 nights a week, so know most of the people there. Watching how your conversations play out here, it doesn't surprise me no one talks to you at a bar.

Hanging out in sports bars 5-6 nights a week? Unless one is a bartender, that's pretty sad.

• Fire 4

So, you acknowledge that Perlman played a much more direct role in the mess than TO. That's progress.

I would like to personally insult you right now but Mods have told me I need to tone it down.

• Fire 2

Here is the link:

nobody said it did, but that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for the whole operation. Think bigger picture.

• Fire 1

Here is the link:

nobody said it did, but that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for the whole operation. Think bigger picture.

We will just continue to talk in circles. You believe what you want.

Here is the link:

No disrespect but you clearly have an agenda, whatever that agenda is.

Here is the link:

No disrespect but you clearly have an agenda, whatever that agenda is.

My agenda is that it's a stupid thought that the president/chancellor of a university is the cause of 16 years of relatively poor football play.

• Fire 1