More Law Trouble for Baylor

This is a CFB problem, not just a Baylor one. Art Briles being fired isn't problem solved, monsters gone. It's "look, we fixed it! See?" And clearly that's enough to get people like Ivan Maisel to do congratulatory cartwheels. Baylor can pat itself on the back, and keeps its Chancellor and a law prof besides. And its football program.

The NCAA should put schools on notice with the death penalty. Maybe that'll properly incentivize other major college athletics to take their responsibilities towards other human beings seriously.

I know, glass houses maybe and all that, but there are things far more important than being able to celebrate other people winning a bunch of championships under the N logo -- or any other.

#CJK5H

Let me see if I understand the thought process former U.S. Senatorial candidate Craig James: It's okay for a coach to look the other way if his players engage in sexual assault. But it's *not* okay for a coach to give a misbehaving football player a 20 minute timeout in a room off the practice field. I guess football players should just never be reprimanded no matter what they do.

• Fire 5

This is a CFB problem, not just a Baylor one. Art Briles being fired isn't problem solved, monsters gone. It's "look, we fixed it! See?" And clearly that's enough to get people like Ivan Maisel to do congratulatory cartwheels. Baylor can pat itself on the back, and keeps its Chancellor and a law prof besides. And its football program.

The NCAA should put schools on notice with the death penalty. Maybe that'll properly incentivize other major college athletics to take their responsibilities towards other human beings seriously.

I know, glass houses maybe and all that, but there are things far more important than being able to celebrate other people winning a bunch of championships under the N logo -- or any other.

Agreed, I really think Baylor will be made a poster child for this. The tide of public opinion really was swung lately and I think Baylor gets punched in the mouth really hard. The NCAA will make them an example that this won't be tolerated.

Presumably bowing to the outcry over being left in his post as Chancellor after being removed from his other post as University President, Ken Starr is now stepping down from Chancellor as well.

Starr cited his resignation "as a matter of conscience", and taking responsibility. Quoth he, "The Captain goes down with the ship."

He'll remain on as a Law Professor, Chair of Constitutional Law at the Baylor Law School.

#Justice?...