CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of 22 CBs, 21 of them (95%) are for Nebraska. Now, sometimes CBs are wrong. But, very rarely are they THAT wrong when you are looking at this highly rated of a player.

Unless something major comes out over the weekend, I would expect him to be N.

I agree. Oddly enough, they were severely wrong on calvin and another player recently. (A 100% CB to Clemson, can't remember who it was though)

They weren't particularly wrong on Calvin. In fact, they were pretty well spot on. He was a silent commit to Nebraska and they had that picked. But there were a bunch of CBs switched to OSU that morning before the announcement.

Lol. Give me a break. They were 100% to Nebraska until 8 AM the day of his announcement. They were wrong.

So you wanted them to predict ahead of time that he was going to change his mind that morning?

• Fire 6

Out of 22 CBs, 21 of them (95%) are for Nebraska. Now, sometimes CBs are wrong. But, very rarely are they THAT wrong when you are looking at this highly rated of a player.

I agree. Oddly enough, they were severely wrong on calvin and another player recently. (A 100% CB to Clemson, can't remember who it was though)

They weren't particularly wrong on Calvin. In fact, they were pretty well spot on. He was a silent commit to Nebraska and they had that picked. But there were a bunch of CBs switched to OSU that morning before the announcement.

Lol. Give me a break. They were 100% to Nebraska until 8 AM the day of his announcement. They were wrong.

So you wanted them to predict ahead of time that he was going to change his mind that morning?

It's a prediction? You predict where they are going.. So yes. I would like them to predict it more than an hour before it happens. Is that too much to ask? I mean, if you are dealing with a weatherman, do you want him to predict the blizzard in advance or as it is happening?

• Fire 1

It's a prediction? You predict where they are going.. So yes. I would like them to predict it more than an hour before it happens. Is that too much to ask? I mean, if you are dealing with a weatherman, do you want him to predict the blizzard in advance or as it is happening?

:smokin

• Fire 1

Which is why I added my last sentence in my post....."unless something major comes out over the weekend...."

These things are always fluid and can change. The only thing a person can do when putting in a CB is make a guess based on what they think the kid is thinking at the time. They can't predict that all of a sudden he is going to get cold feet and not want to move away from his mom.

How can any self respecting "expert" not know months in advance that a 17-18 year old kid is going walk back his silent commit the morning of an all star game?

• Fire 5

How can any self respecting "expert" not know months in advance that a 17-18 year old kid is going walk back his silent commit the morning of an all star game?

I think you guys are getting my comment a little confused.

My point is, that it's a prediction... You guys are acting like CB's are the end all be all, my point is they are a PREDICTION... This is getting really twisted for some reason.

I really don't expect them to KNOW where a commit is going. Again, it's a prediction. My point is, that their PREDICTIONS have been 100% incorrect a couple times lately. (It's not really a PREDICTION, when they hear where the kid is going and switch their CB to it an hour before the kid announces.)

Hope this clears it up.

• Fire 1

What if the weatherman is predicting a sunny and clear 100 degree day. Let's say he's boldly declaring it, swearing by it, telling everyone to stock up on sunscreen and bud light limes because it's going to be party time at the beach, despite the fact that many respectable weathermen are saying otherwise. And then there's a sh#tstorm, (matty?)ice storm, ice storm and it's not even close to the initial prediction and you're left awkwardly looking out your front door in swimming trunks, holding a sixer and a can of axe body spray, while your neighbor is salting his sidewalk?

• Fire 3

What if the weatherman is predicting a sunny and clear 100 degree day. Let's say he's boldly declaring it, swearing by it, telling everyone to stock up on sunscreen and bud light limes because it's going to be party time at the beach, despite the fact that many respectable weatherman are saying otherwise. And then there's a sh#tstorm, (matty?)ice storm, ice storm and it's not even close to the initial prediction and you're left awkwardly looking out your front door in swimming trunks, holding a sixer and a can of axe body spray, while your neighbor is salting his sidewalk?

That is funny stuff!!

What if the weatherman is predicting a sunny and clear 100 degree day. Let's say he's boldly declaring it, swearing by it, telling everyone to stock up on sunscreen and bud light limes because it's going to be party time at the beach, despite the fact that many respectable weatherman are saying otherwise. And then there's a sh#tstorm, (matty?)ice storm, ice storm and it's not even close to the initial prediction and you're left awkwardly looking out your front door in swimming trunks, holding a sixer and a can of axe body spray, while your neighbor is salting his sidewalk?

That is funny stuff!!

Lol, I guess I'd be happy I had the beers!

Damn I just read some of the things Florida fans put on his twitter. One wrote, "Can't be a part of DBU if you scared of completion." His response was, " lol cuz I want to stay home??" Sounds like it's USC. Sucks because he didn't even take an official but has been to USC plenty of times.. Reading a USC board most think they don't have room for him unless they don't take Greg Johnson..

He said , " lol cuz I want to stay home ??" That doesn't mean he is saying he wants to stay home . The question marks on the end of the sentence make it appear as though he is stating just the opposite. Could be in a sarcastic manner , "cause I want to stay home??" Kinda mocking that person and telling them they are wrong. That is how I took it.... so don't think him saying that means he is USC, he wouldn't say something "I want to stay home " and be serious like that so soon before the announcement date if he truly was committing to USC...

• Mavric changed the title to CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic