CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've honestly never heard of that. There's greyshirting, which could have been a possible idea for Blades. The staff "places" him in a junior college they feel comfortable with, where they know he can work out, get grades on track, and they'll get a chance to visit him often. Then he would join in the spring, delaying his clock and giving the staff the ability to count him towards the next year's class.

But to my knowledge, nothing is binding from a greyshirt. Nebraska wouldn't have to accept his commitment in the spring and anyone would be allowed to poach him. I could be wrong on that though.

Edit:....I looked up the rules. A grey shirt is when a kid doesn't enroll in any classes till the fall semester is over.

Grey shirting has nothing to do with grades. It has to do with running out of scholarships so this process would push the kid into the next recruiting cycle.

LINK

But I still don't believe there's anything binding about "placing" a recruit at juco. To my knowledge, you are bound once you sign the financial paperwork to the school, which you wouldn't be doing if you take the juco route.

That's why graduate transfers have a lot of poaching going on. They may "sign" with a team on signing day, but it doesn't mean anything until they finish the semester at their current school and can officially sign to another school after May.

Edit:....I looked up the rules. A grey shirt is when a kid doesn't enroll in any classes till the fall semester is over.

Grey shirting has nothing to do with grades. It has to do with running out of scholarships so this process would push the kid into the next recruiting cycle.

LINK

But I still don't believe there's anything binding about "placing" a recruit at juco. To my knowledge, you are bound once you sign the financial paperwork to the school, which you wouldn't be doing if you take the juco route.

That's why graduate transfers have a lot of poaching going on. They may "sign" with a team on signing day, but it doesn't mean anything until they finish the semester at their current school and can officially sign to another school after May.

I don't recall ever heating that before either. At least not with it being binding.

Perhaps it has something to do with not being released on your Letter of Intent. If there isn't a timeframe on that, I suppose you could still be obligated to that school, even if it's a couple years down the line. Whereas most recruits are released from their NLI if they don't make it to campus. (?)

I have no idea. Just speculating. Tried to Google it but didn't come up with anything.

Ah that definitely makes sense, thank you! I didn't think anything about it until Callahan's tweet and now I'm wondering too. As far as I knew, you could help set up a recruit at a juco that you trust and know well, especially one that an assistant would be able to travel to often, but nothing would be binding. But maybe there is something to the NLI.

Blades has to graduate with an Associates Degree to move on. Following this kids recruitment I would consider that a sizable hurdle to overcome before worrying about where he's going.

He just seems to have a difficult time following through on things and not the greatest support team giving him advice.

Blades has to graduate with an Associates Degree to move on. Following this kids recruitment I would consider that a sizable hurdle to overcome before worrying about where he's going.

He just seems to have a difficult time following through on things and not the greatest support team giving him advice.

Have you seen Last Chance U? May not be as hard as you think.

Have you seen Last Chance U? May not be as hard as you think.

Season 2 comes out tomorrow!

• Fire 1

LINK

I don't recall ever heating that before either. At least not with it being binding.

Perhaps it has something to do with not being released on your Letter of Intent. If there isn't a timeframe on that, I suppose you could still be obligated to that school, even if it's a couple years down the line. Whereas most recruits are released from their NLI if they don't make it to campus. (?)

I have no idea. Just speculating. Tried to Google it but didn't come up with anything.

I agree. I'm puzzled by that also.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic