Mavric

CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You sure you haven't misconstrued Blades for Gates? Elijah Gates has an update with those two as his finalists but I see no update for Blades.

Edit: I see you have caught it. Disregard this post

Guys I must apologize. My info I posted earlier was for Elijah Gates...not Elijah Blades...read too quickly. My bad.

Yeah, I was doing the same thing.

On purposely derailing this thread of despair, but going along with the Clouse getting info from this board, is GMoose still at HuskersOnline

On purposely derailing this thread of despair, but going along with the Clouse getting info from this board, is GMoose still at HuskersOnline

Don't think so

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/insider/story/_/id/18504213/espn-300-hot-board-flips-watch-two-weeks-go

CB Elijah Blades

Prediction: Nebraska

Florida has had Blades in the fold since June 2016, but an official visit this weekend to Nebraska is cause for pause. Not only do the Cornhuskers not have a defensive back verbal in the class, but Nebraska has quite a bit of momentum in California with ESPN 300 commits Tyjon Lindsey and Tristan Gebbia, along with four-star receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. Blades, who made an official to Gainesville last weekend, also has USC working to flip the lengthy cornerback. What does Florida have going for it? Plenty of early playing time possible at cornerback.

• Upvote 2

Him and Greg Johnson would be a great end to the class at CB

Absolutely! I can't decide on preference between those two and Leno. All 3 offer a ton.

Him and Greg Johnson would be a great end to the class at CB

Absolutely! I can't decide on preference between those two and Leno. All 3 offer a ton.

Easy solution: get all three. Like Riley said in his first signing day presser, a good cornerback is as precious as gold (paraphrased because I don't remember the specific quote and my son decided to wake up three hours early this morning, so I'm too tired to look it up.)

Might take heat for this, but I would almost rather have this guy than Lenoir. He's got the build to be a dominant defensive back. I know we are stacked at that position, but what an opportunity for a young guy to come in and learn from guys who have NFL potential. I think we have a pretty good shot at flipping this guy. At least in comparison to Lenoir.

Might take heat for this, but I would almost rather have this guy than Lenoir. He's got the build to be a dominant defensive back. I know we are stacked at that position, but what an opportunity for a young guy to come in and learn from guys who have NFL potential. I think we have a pretty good shot at flipping this guy. At least in comparison to Lenoir.

You won't receive must heat for that, they're similarly rated. It sure sounds like our chances are much better for Blades, compared to our chances with Lenoir.

You won't receive must heat for that, they're similarly rated. It sure sounds like our chances are much better for Blades, compared to our chances with Lenoir.

Does Blades have a girlfriend at Florida? If not, we have a good chance!

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping he found one in Lincoln!

Ha! Dwill is out here just trying to break up high school sweethearts. Forget scheme and playing time! :lol:

Great visit. Coaches, players, facilities stood out.

Sounds like we've got a great shot, no visits scheduled for next weekend.

Said we don't have a lot of DB depth. Will play early.

• Upvote 2

Wonder how he compares to someone like Eric Lee who was rated higher as a recruit but has yet to make a real impact.

I believe he has flipped from my intel but we shall see in the upcoming hours.

I think a lot of us are getting that feeling. You might be the first who has put a time frame on it. It'd be great if he jumped on and filled a spot before signing day. Another big name joining in can only help with our others we are trying to get!

• Upvote 1

Mike Schaefer tweeted about him. Pretty much said he committed but then said it was a mistake and took it down..

Schaefer misread a 247 article so no inside info on his part.

Doesn't Schaefer work for 247?? I think Blades flipped silently and probably not released yet. Just my opinion of course...

• Upvote 1

Wonder how he compares to someone like Eric Lee who was rated higher as a recruit but has yet to make a real impact.

I think Lee will see field this year. Lee is shorter

Sounds like USC won't be getting a visit from Blades. I don't think they were our real threat obviously but still good news

Don't know where USC came from as they are not even listed as a team of interest

He had a late December CB go for them. He was trying to schedule a mid-week visit to USC and had an in home with them last week. Definitely were a team of interest even if far back from Florida and us.