CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best player in the class doesn't qualify.

"Guys this isn't a bad thing come on"

I don't think there's one person in Husker Nation that wouldn't be excited if he showed up on Lincoln fully qualified, in shape and ready to get to work.

At some point though.....it's like..."meh....I'll get excited when it happens....if it doesn't...time to move on."

Meh. I'd just as soon he get himself together. Whether this was a joke or not troubled waters run deep and he's already shown multiple issues that would impact his ability to play. Rather have him opt to not come than burn a scholarship. I don't think he'll play anywhere.

Meh. I'd just as soon he get himself together. Whether this was a joke or not troubled waters run deep and he's already shown multiple issues that would impact his ability to play. Rather have him opt to not come than burn a scholarship. I don't think he'll play anywhere.

Agreed. I would like for him to be here, but if he is going to struggle to keep up in the classroom, I'd rather see him go the JUCO route.

I'd rather have a 3-4 year player that would qualify to play and use the scholarship they were awarded. If its' the guy that's slightly slower than this one I'm ok with that. Williams has proven he is able to recruit, and I'm confident he will replace him with someone equally good or better.

Doesn't matter how good a kid is if he isn't allowed on the field or if he leaves after a year and takes a scolly with him.

Not ridiculous.

I'd rather have a 3-4 year player that would qualify to play and use the scholarship they were awarded. If its' the guy that's slightly slower than this one I'm ok with that. Williams has proven he is able to recruit, and I'm confident he will replace him with someone equally good or better.

Doesn't matter how good a kid is if he isn't allowed on the field or if he leaves after a year and takes a scolly with him.

Not ridiculous.

Seems like you're making a lot of assumptions about a person you've never met. If he qualifies, what would lead you to think he'd leave a year later? We aren't close to the situation and frankly don't know what's going to happen. But if he gets here, we'll all welcome him with open arms.

• Fire 4

Not ridiculous.

Seems like you're making a lot of assumptions about a person you've never met. If he qualifies, what would lead you to think he'd leave a year later? We aren't close to the situation and frankly don't know what's going to happen. But if he gets here, we'll all welcome him with open arms.

You are right (and Im not being snarky). All I have is the knowledge that he struggled to make grades. Even with a lot of folks pushing him and helping him along the way - especially the last few months. And the content of his video where he spent 35 mins talking about how he is done with FB, that he needs to support his children, that he can't be there for his baby if he is in Nebraska. That he isn't comig to NE. When asked by someone live when he was coming he said "never".

Now if he is joking, it's in poor taste. If he is not I think all the writing is on the wall that he has a lot of other things distracting him and requiring his focus right now, and I cant imagine based on what we have seen in the last few months (and more so what we havent seen) that he is comitted to coming and staying here.

Nobody that moves across the country that is only luke warm about the opportunity will stay and produce. I'd rather invest the money in a talented kid who is excited to come and has been working his tail off to get here.

But yes, if he comes I hope he is successful. I just dont see those stars aligning.

I am stupider for watching it, but he just did another Periscope.

Reiterated he is not coming here, but going to Kentucky. Excited to be a Wildcat.

Some Nebraska fan said "whatever, Bookie is better anyways" and he got super pissed, it was funny.

Still radio silence from anyone in the Nebraska media (Sean, Nate, Sam). WTF?

• Mavric changed the title to CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic